Chapter 9

I jerked awake when I felt something being laid on me. Taylor was standing there holding the edges of a blanket looking like a kid who got caught stealing from the cookie jar.
"Sorry, you looked cold." She said.
"Oh God. What time is it? I'm so sorry." I said sitting up strait on the couch.
"It's ten. Here, since you're already awake follow me." Taylor said.
She grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs and down the hall. It was a bedroom with a huge bed. The room was decorated personally and felt more welcoming than a guest room.
Taylor pulled the covers of the bed back.
"Sleep here it will be more comfortable."
"No, I'm just going to go home. Sorry about falling asleep on your couch."
"Com'n, please? I already pulled the covers back and it's late." She said.
"It's ten." I said.
"Which is late. Please?" She begged.
I looked at the comfortable bed for a minute and thought. Sleep would be amazing and this was a nice looking bed. Much nicer than any bed I've ever slept in. I sighed and climbed into the bed.
"There's an electric blanket, you can turn it on if you'd like. Would you like the ceiling fan on?" She asked.
"Yes, please."
Taylor nodded and walked to the door and turned the fan on.
"Thank you, Taylor." I said.
"You're welcome, baby. Sleep well, goodnight. I love you." She said softly. She loved me? That played twenty times over in my head as soon as those world fell from her mouth. She didn't shut the door completely and left it cracked. I can't remember the last time someone said they loved me.

Taylor's POV
I didn't give Alex a chance to say "I love you" back. She most likely never would have anyway. I just know she hasn't heard that in a long time and she needed to. Everybody needs to be told those three words every once in a while.
I went into my room where Olivia sat snuggled up on my bed waiting for me.
"Hi Dibbles," I said softly to my cat.
She cracked her eyes open a bit, but didn't get up. Mere was probably down stairs laying on the couch. After I put on some pajamas and brushed my teeth I got into my bed.
As I lay there in the dark I couldn't turn my mind off. What if Alex was uncomfortable since she was sleeping in her clothes. I should have given her something to wear to bed and a tooth brush if she wanted to brush her teeth. Did she not want the door left cracked open slightly? Maybe she wanted it completely closed or left open even. Did she want the room to be completely dark? Should I have left the lights dimmed slightly. What if she's afraid of the dark? Well, she's dealt with a lot scarier things than the dark, but what if the dark triggers unpleasant memories for her.
I can't stop worrying about it and my anxiety always seemed to get the best of me sometimes. She worries me a lot and I know she would rather me not be so attached to her all the time, but I can't help but feel responsible for the young girl. Alex just need someone and I'm willing to be that person for her. Someone who helps guide her and provides her life with stability. I assume her parents aren't in the picture. She never talks about them, but she's also very closed off. I wonder if they died? That would be tragic. I wish she would open up more.
After thinking and thinking I finally drifted to sleep at midnight.

Alex's POV
I woke up at 5:37 after I got to sleep at half past eleven. That's the most I've slept in a long time. The bed was really comfortable and the room was big. It even had a bathroom. I decided to explore the luxurious room because Taylor probably wouldn't be up for a while and I didn't want to be a weirdo roaming around her house while she was still asleep. I also would leave, but I don't know if that's considered rude or not.
The room was huge and bigger than my entire apartment. My apartment could probably fit in the guest room bathtub. I really had to go to the bathroom too, but I never go to the bathroom at Taylor's house. I don't want to have to ask and seem rude. Plus, I don't know if me roaming off at her house would make her feel uncomfortable.
I wandered over to a window area where there was expensive looking furniture and a chandelier that hung from the ceiling. The sun was still down since it was so early in the morning. I flicked on one of the bedside table lamps and the room flooded with light.
The bathroom was really nice. There was a beautiful marbled counter top with a sink. The shower was separate from the huge tub and I had never seen anything like that before. There was a makeup counter and I wanted so badly to look inside the draws, but I didn't. Then again, it was a guest room right? No, I can't. Fluffy, white towels hung from a wrack on the wall.
I can't remember the last time I got to take a bath. Back at base it was only a ten minutes max cold shower. I'm sure when I was young I probably took baths. Maybe my mother gave me baths. Surely she was the one that did. I felt bad that Cassidy was deprived of the luxuries of being an innocent child.
After looking around the room I made the bed and made sure it looked the same as when I first got in it. There was a big flat screen TV that hung on the wall and the remote sat on one of the bedside tables. I don't have a TV in my apartment and the only time I got to watch TV was with Taylor. The house was big and I didn't know where Taylor's room was located compared to my room. If I turned the TV on and it woke her I would feel bad so I just left it off.
I walked to the door and peaked out. The stairs were not visible from where this room is located. I sat down on the rug in front of the bed. If I sat in the bed it would mess the sheets up and I was too afraid to sit on the nice furniture by the window. I didn't want to touch any more things in the room than I had to. Everything looked so expensive. I didn't was to mess everything up. If was best to stay sitting in one spot but, man did I have to pee.
I should go home so I can go to the bathroom. What if Taylor wakes up and wonders where I'm at though? I'll just hold it. I do it on missions all the time when I'm sitting on top a building for more than a day waiting for my target. The only problem was I don't usually eat and drink as much as I have been lately so holding it is not that big of a deal.
After a while I went to the window and watched the sun rise. I just stood there in a peaceful silence for a long while. That was until I heard foot steps. My head quickly snapped in the direction of the noise. Taylor had her head popped into the room watching me watch the sun.
"Good morning!" She said and entered the room completely.
"Good morning. Thanks for letting me sleep here." I said.
"No problem. Did you sleep okay? How long have you been up?"
"Since 5:37 and I got a really good sleep in. The longest I've had in a while." I smiled slightly.
"That's really early. You could've watched TV."
"Oh um, I didn't want to mess with anything."
"Don't worry about that. You can touch anything in here that you want."
I nodded.
"I'm going to make breakfast. Um, I brought you this to change into." She handed me a small stack of clothes.
"Sorry you had to sleep in your clothes last night. Pajamas never really crossed my mind I guess. You can take a shower or bath too. Let me show you were everything's at." She said and lead me into the fancy bathroom.
She opened a cabinet, "there is a hair drier, flat iron, curling iron, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, hair products, and more. I can braid your hair if you'd like, have you ever used a flat iron before?"
"No."
"Oh, um. Maybe I could curl your hair for you. I was thinking we could go shopping today. We need to get a few things before we leave for Japan on Sunday." She said.
"Okay."
"Alright, do you want to take a shower or a bath?"
"A shower will be fine." I said.
"Okay, since we are curling your hair I'll have you use this shampoo and conditioner. Pick your body wash." She said and went over to put the bottles in the shower. I chose a vanilla scent and went over and put it in the shower.
"Alright, here's a towel. I think you're all set. I'm going to make some breakfast and you can eat before we dry your hair." She explained.
"Okay, thanks." I said.
As soon as Taylor left I decided I might as well use the toilet if I'm going to be using the shower and man did it feel good to get that out!

"I love you're hair curled!" Taylor gushes as she did a few finishing touches on my hair.
"Thanks, it looks really nice."
"Can I do you're make up?"
"Uh, I guess so." I said.
"Awesome! I swear I won't poke you in the eye with mascara."
"That's very reassuring."
Taylor laughed and started on my makeup.
She finished my makeup with red lipstick, then she gushed about how pretty I looked.
"You're such a cutie. I bet that boy you mentioned has quite the crush on you!"
"We'll I'm the closest to his age so maybe." I laughed.
"We are going to meet with Gigi for lunch. Is that okay?"
"Of course. You don't have to ask me for permission." I said.
"I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable with my friends."
"I don't and besides Gigi is pretty cool." I said.
"Yeah, she's got the jokes." Taylor laughed.
"Lets go to my closet and get you some shoes to wear."
"Oh I can just wear the shoes I wore yesterday."
"Those won't match very well." Taylor explained and  I didn't argue with her because I don't know anything about fashion.
After we were all ready we headed out onto the paparazzi infested street. It was too bad Taylor couldn't have a peaceful day. They were a rude bunch of people who always asked who I was, but Taylor said she's not aloud to speak you them. All her words were to them was money anyway. I was tricked about Taylor because of all the men that shove cameras at her all day. I'm glad I know the Taylor no camera could ever convey.