Chapter 40

It was the last night of the tour and it seemed like it just started not even that long ago. I think it felt that way for Taylor too. She seemed a bit off all day and everyone that was a part of the tour seemed to be like that too. It was the end of an amazing era for them. I found the tour quite enjoyable too; each show was always different from the other.
The tour was finishing off in Melbourne, Australia and the fans were insane here. They were chanting "Tayla" and she found that to be most endearing. She really did love the fans. I could tell she was squeezing them a bit more than usual tonight, trying to get the most out of her last show.
I hope she isn't too sad about this ending because tomorrow is her birthday and I don't want her to be sad on her birthday. I had gotten her a gift and I was excited to give it to her. It wasn't anything too fancy, but it was meaningful.
The crew was hugging and getting into their last pre-show huddle. I gave Taylor a hug and wished her luck before making my way onto the floor. Andrea and Scott walked out with me and we all exchanged hugs before I was off to keep watch of the stage. The crowd was super energetic tonight and getting loud before the lights even went out.
Then, the lights went out for the start of "Welcome  To New York" and everyone was going crazy. It was just a huge wave of positive energy and it was that way the entire night as Taylor and everyone on stage performed each song for the last time. I'll even admit that I felt a small pang in my chest when Taylor sang the last notes of "Shake It Off" and the dancers surrounded her in a big group hug.
As she lowered back down through the stage I made my way backstage. When I found her she was hugging everyone in sight. It was bittersweet. They were popping champagne and celebrating the end of a decade, but the start of an age.
Taylor wrapped her arms around me tightly.
"That was probably the best show yet." I tell her.
"Thank you and thank you for coming on this tour. It has been the best tour yet." She says.
We walk back to her dressing room and I wait for her to shower and get ready for the last Loft 89.
The fans were emotional tonight about being the last fans she'll meet on tour and they were wishing her a happy early birthday. She spent an extra long time in the loft tonight. We were in there for over an hour before she finished up.
She was talking to the last group in there when a couple girls came up to me.
"Hey Alex!" They greeted.
"Hi girls." I say.
"Are you going to stay with Taylor after the tour?" One of them asked.
"I'm not sure how much longer I'll be around, I haven't heard yet. I hope you guys enjoyed the show." I tell them.
"We did! I hope you get to stay with Taylor." The other girl said.
"Yeah, me too. She's the best."
Taylor is ready to head out of the room so I wrap up my conversation with the girls with goodbyes and I follow Taylor out.
"Are you okay with all of this ending?" I ask her.
"It was the best time, but good things have to end while they're still good sometimes." She says wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"And I'm ready for a break." She continues.
Taylor entered a room with all the crew in it celebrating and Paul got everyone's attention.
"There she is everybody!" He said raising his glass.
Christian handed her a glass of champagne.
"I know you're wanting to get back to New York for your birthday, so I'll make this toast short and sweet." Paul said grinning.
Taylor had a huge smile on her face and her eyes were sparkling.
"I just want to say thank you Taylor for this amazing tour! It was the best yet! I can't wait to see where you're going next, whatever it is will probably be even bigger and better! We love you! You're the best! Cheers to Taylor Swift!" Paul said and everyone cheered taking a drink.
"Thank you guys! You have been an absolutely amazing crew! I love you guys so much!" She said so sincerely.
She made her way around to everyone, hugging them and thanking them and asking them to keep in touch after all of this. The amount of love that was spread throughout the room was breath taken. They were like a family after this tour. I would also miss seeing there people all the time. They were all so nice. I also exchanged hugs and goodbyes with nearly everyone. After all, I probably wouldn't see any of them again.
Andrea and Scott came into the room and hugged their daughter.
"Are you ready to head back to the states? It's some girls birthday tomorrow." Scott said wrapping an arm around Taylor.
"Really? Whose?" She joked.
"My baby girl is going to be 26!" Andrea exclaims.
"Young and successful, we've done good." Scott said.
"Thanks for all the help with the tour, I love you guys." She tells her parents.
I suddenly feel like I'm missing something as I watch her exchange with her parents. She's had such a wonderful childhood and her life reflected it. I can't even find myself angry at her for having it all though because she has tried her hardest to fill the gaps in my life. So, as I watched her with her parents, the feeling of emptiness filled with admiration for Taylor as a person.
"Let's get out of here." She said breaking me from my thoughts and wrapping an arm around me.
We got into the SUV waiting out back and drove away from the last show she will do this tour. I watched her and it seemed like she let out a breath she had been holding. I knew she loved doing this, but I also knew she wanted to live a more normal life for a while and maybe get more time with Adam.
The ride to the airport consisted of Taylor talking to Adam on the phone and talking about how she doesn't know what she'll do with herself now. I think she'll be okay if she doesn't know where life is taking her after this. She's a lot smarter than anyone can give her credit for.
We pulled into the airport and the SUV parked right along the runway where the jet was located.
"No more planes for a while." Andrea said.
"You know, they don't even phase me anymore. It's just like riding in a car to me." Taylor says.
As we're getting out of the car I get a phone call. Taylor tries to subtly look at my caller ID.
"Go ahead, I need to take this." I say.
"Is everything okay, honey?" Andrea asks motherly.
"Yeah, it's all good." I say.
I answer the phone as they walk off towards the jet.
"Hello." I answer.
"Hello agent 113. How are things going?"