Chapter 31

The summer went by fast between the tour and getting to see Shawn. My health has progressed in the past couple of months as well and I gained five pounds. It was slow progress, but it was progress none the less. Taylor was happy with it.
I was almost at a point where I felt like I belonged in this life style. Being her body guard wasn't all that hard. At times I wasn't even sure what my purpose was for being here. So when my phone rang, I wasn't surprised to hear I had to leave for a two week mission in Russia.
Waiting until after Taylor's show in Indianapolis sounded like the best option for me. She would be worried, and I didn't want her to think about it before her show. So, I went out and roamed the sides of the stage like every time while she killed it on stage.
I watched a girl in a light up tutu break down into tears when she came out on stage as the whole audience erupted. We were so opposite. She was a girl who could live a happy life. That girl doesn't know impurity. I almost felt jealous.

After the show and after she met fans in loft 89 I approached her in her dressing room.
"You did great tonight."
"Thanks, was the crowd good?" She asked.
"Yeah, they were pretty well behaved and there were no problems."
"Great!" She smiled grabbing her bag.
"Hey, um, Taylor?"
"Yeah?" She asked giving me an encouraging look.
"I just got a call and I have a two week mission. They are picking me up tomorrow." I said.
Her face went from happy to sad and it made me hate myself.
"Sorry." I added softly.
"It's okay. I just want you to be safe is all."
"I will be. No broken bones this time." I promised.
"I hope." She said.
"I'll be fine. Please don't worry."
She scoffed, "I'm going to worry you can't change that part of it."
"I'm sorry. It's my job."
"I know. Just don't come back broken please."
"I'll come back in one piece. I promise."
She pulled me into her arms.
"You better." She said petting my hair.

"Alex, come eat some breakfast so you can take your medicine." Taylor called as I was messaging the transport agent.
"I'm coming." I called from the couch.
I went into the kitchen of her house in Nashville. Adam was making breakfast this morning.
"Hey, what time will they be here?" Taylor asked.
"In 20 minutes." I said.
Adam handed me a plate of eggs and sausage.
"What are you drinking?" Taylor asked.
"I'll get it." I said and looked in the fridge.
I pulled out the orange juice and poured some into a glass.
"No more broken arms." Adam said.
"I'll try my best." I laugh.
"Just be careful." Taylor sighed.
I nodded as I ate my breakfast.
"Here are 2 weeks worth of your meds. Make sure you're eating before you take them. Actually, just make sure you're eating."
"I will eat when I can I promise."
"Okay, you've got to stay on track. We're just starting to get you healthy."
My phone went off. The transport agent was here.
"They are here now." I said.
"Okay let me just slip my shoes on." Taylor said.
I grabbed my bag and Taylor and Adam followed me out the door. The black car was waiting in the driveway.
"I'll see you in a while. Be safe." I told Taylor.
She wrapped her arms around me.
"Be safe, please, please, please be careful. I love you." She kissed my cheek before pulling away.
Adam pulled me in for a quick hug and pat of the back.
"Be good, alright?"
"I'll try my best." I laughed.
I opened the car door.
"Bye, Alex. See you soon." Taylor said.
"Bye guys." I called before shutting the door.
Adam put his arm around Taylor for comfort as they waved at me while I was driven away.
I was back to reality for me. Sometimes when I woke up in an expensive bed, in an expensive house with a different outfit for each day, it started to feel like it was a dream. I always reminded myself it was temporary and once things were over I'd go back to training, missions, and my gray room. It was so cold compared to the life I was living now and I wished I'd never experienced something good like this.
Then, I found myself wondering what this was all like for Taylor. She was young, old enough to have little kids but not near old enough to take on someone like me. I was more than she bargained for.
It was her decision to move me in with her, though. I would have been staying somewhere else if she hadn't moved me in with her while I was on my last mission. I wondered what her life would be like when I went back for good. I don't even wonder if she'll miss me, because I know she will. I would miss her too.
I plugged my earbuds into my iPod that Taylor put into the bag for me. After scrolling through the songs I finally settled on listening to the "Red" album. It was comforting to me. I zoned out as soon as the words, "I'm walking fast through the traffic lights" sounded through the little speakers in my ears.

The world zoomed past me from the car ride to the jet until I reached the base. I managed to go through all of Taylor's albums and listened to The Weeknd's album before arriving on base.
I entered the metal doors I was so accustom to and reunited with the unfriendly atmosphere. The boss was already waiting on me in his top floor office. The only thing appealing about visiting his office was the view from the windows that made up three fourths of the wall.
"Agent 113 good to see you again." He greeted in a tone that was neither friendly or unfriendly.
A man was sitting in a chair in front of his desk with his back to me. He turned to look at me. It wasn't a man, but a boy possibly a few years older than me.
"I'd like you to meet my son, Eric."
The boy stood up, a smirk played on his lips, and extended his hand out to me. I rested my hand in his and gave it a firm shake.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Agent 113, son." The boss interrupts me.
"Right." He said snuggly sitting back down.
"Eric is going to be going on this mission with you."
"Why?"
"It's part of his training. You both leave tomorrow evening. In the meantime, you might want to brush up on your skills. Hopefully you haven't gone too soft." He says with a certain edge in his voice.
"We could spar." Eric suggests.
"Sounds great." I mutter.
"Well then I'll leave you guys to it. Oh, and agent, don't get the wrong idea about my son. He's far above you and you stand no chance of evoking romantic feelings from him."
"Well, that's good, because I don't want him." I snap before leaving with Eric trailing behind me.
"Damn, princess. That was harsh." Eric smirks.
"Don't call me princess."
"Then what should I call you...sweetheart?"
"How about agent 113, or agent, or 113, or just don't call me anything."
"Come on, you can tell me your name. I'm not going to run to daddy."
"Right." I scoff.
"I'm serious. We are sparring, right?"
"Yeah, I'll kick your ass right after I put my bag in my room."
"You're confident, or maybe just full of yourself."
"Have you met yourself?"
"No, but I've heard I'm a great guy."
I rolled my eyes and stopped at my door. He started to follow me inside after I keyed in the code and I shut the door in his face. I put my bag on the bed and changed into my catsuit. When I came back out he was leaning up against the wall casually.
"Come on." I said.
We went into the gym and there were some agents running in treadmills and hitting punching bags. Nobody was in the ring so we didn't have to wait.
I was the first to climb in and he followed. Eric scanned me with his eyes, sizing me up.
"You're really small." He said as we danced around each other.
"You're really annoying." I countered.
He swung at me and I narrowly dodged. I was a bit rusty.
I landed a hit to his ribs and he let out a gasp.
"I see how it is 113." He laughed.
I went in for a kick and he grabbed my leg and knocked me onto my back. He settled on top of me and pinned me.
"Give up?" He asked.
He wasn't resting all his weight on me and I bucked my hips up enough to throw him off balance and switch positions so I had the upper hand.
"Give up?" I smirked.
"Touché." He smirked.
"And I've got to admit I don't mind you being on top if that's your style."
I gave a disgusted scoff and stood up. He followed and rammed his foot into my ribs.
"Fuck." I spit out without even thinking and I spin around an swing for his face.
He dodges and swings for my stomach. I dodge and his fist grazes my side. My knee connects with his chin and his head snaps back. He stumbles backwards.
"Damn." He mutters.
"What's the matter? Did I mess up that charming smile of yours?"
"So I'm charming?"
"Whatever." I said sweeping his legs out from under him and knocking him flat on his back. I pinned him until he surrendered.
"You're a rookie." I smirked to mirror his smug expression.
"Maybe you're just too good." He winked.
I got up and walked out of the ring.
"What's your deal?" I asked him.
"I want to be just like my dad." He said.
"Of course you do." I rolled my eyes.
"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, it means you're full of yourself and of course you would want to tell people what to do."
"My dad worked for it. That's what I'm going to do too. So don't act like I expect anything to be handed to me."
"I never said that."
"Then stop acting like you can't stand me. We are going to being seeing a lot of each other in the next couple weeks."
"I'll stop when you stop with the flirting."
"I can't promise that." He smiled.
I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room.
"Wait!" He called from behind me catching up to my side.
"What?"
"I'm sorry alright. Can we just get along on this mission?"
"Sure, as long as you respect me, I'll respect you."
"Fair enough."
He followed me down the halls.
"I didn't hurt you, did I?" He asked.
"No, what about you?"
"I might be a little sore in the morning."
"Sleep it off. I'll see you tomorrow." I said and opened my door.
"Goodnight, 113."
"Night." I responded and shut my door behind me.

Two things crossed my mind before I fell asleep that night. One, I can't believe I have to spend two weeks with that asshole. Two, I hope Taylor is doing okay.