Part 122 Truths

Hopes pov
I tossed and turned in my bed but couldn't sleep. I rolled over and glanced at the clock.

It's only midnight?

I sighed and decided to get out of bed. I put on some converse and my hoodie. I threw on my Bernie and opened my bedroom window.

Mom and dad shouldn't notice

I hopped out and almost screamed when I was knee deep in freezing snow.

Cold cold cold

My thoughts whined with each step. My feet felt frozen but it was too late to back out now.

I made my way down the street and watched as the wind danced with the fallen leaves that scattered on the road. As I finally reached the house I was looking for, I had second thoughts.

This is a terrible idea

I sighed while knocking on the dark oak door.

After about two minutes Kyle opened the door.

"Hope? It's a little late don't you think?"

"It's only midnight"

"Only"

"Anyways, I couldn't sleep so I decided to come here."

I walked in and kicked off my shoes, plopping myself on the couch I relaxed.

"Yes, come on in. No no, I insist! Please, make yourself at home!" Kyle sarcastically spoke to the empty spot where I was previously standing.

He chuckled while closing the door.

"Want some hot chocolate?" He asked while walking into the kitchen. I followed him and sat at the counter.

"You have to ask?"

He turned on the kettle and started warming up the water.

"So, Emmi and Jason have been acting weird"

Kyles pov
Oh no...

Please don't make me say it, not tonight

"Y-yeah?" I asked while sitting beside her.

"Yeah, but I shouldn't worry they're my best friend and boyfriend, they'd never do anything to hurt me right? So I shouldn't worry, but you know me being so close to them,I still worry. I wonder if it's a surprise, maybe for me? That's a little conceited I know but-"

"Jason's cheating on you!" I yelled while standing up, I sighed and got her some hot chocolate.

"W-what?"

I set our mugs down and took her hands into mine.

"I saw him and Emmi making out in an alleyway" I said slowly and carefully.

She grabbed her mug and looked at it.

"No...th-they would never!" She screamed while pouring the boiling hot beverage on me. She ran out the door grabbing her shoes on the way out, leaving the door wide open.

I ran after her.

"Hope!" I saw her running, bare foot on the frozen pavement. I grabbed her forearm and turned her around.

"What?!" She bit at me. I held her shivering shoulders and looked sincerely into her eyes.

"I'm telling you the truth, please don't-"

"WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU?!"

"I understand you're taking this all in b-"

"GIVE ME ONE. GOOD. REASON. WHY I SHOULD BELIEVE YOUR SORRY BUTT!"

"I care about you!"

"Sure you do" her voice was shaky, and she managed to get away from my grip, "leave me alone!"

And I watched her small figure disappear into the darkness of the night. Her footsteps faded and her shaking breaths ceased from my earshot.

I'm sorry

A/N So, I'm continuing the book on here because with PDHS it was my most popular book, and it was one of my favorites. It kinda left on a cliffhanger, so I didn't wanna do that to you guys. So here's part 122!!! I love you all devils byeeee
*unedited