Part 126 Her Laugh

Guys sorry this is so late, I had it typed out before school and when I got back it was all deleted. So...yeah it's really late, sorry!!!

Kyles pov
Two days has passed since Hope found out about Jason and Emmi, since then she's been hanging out with Dmitri and I. Not that I'm complaining, but I can tell she's having a hard time with it.

"Hope, you've really hit rock bottom" a small group and of kids walked up to us and one of the females started the conversation.

"Seriously, first you break up with Brett AKA schools biggest hunk, then Jason? Now you're hanging out with these losers" another one snorted.

"Emmi said you cheated on Jason with Kyle, is that true?" Another male asked, he said it nicer than expected.

And Hope just...she just laughed.

"Is that what people are saying now? No, I didn't cheat on Jason, and I just feel like making some life changes because I wasn't really happy where I was." I can't believe how...well she was handling all of this.

"Oh.." Was all the kids could say, and once they were out of earshot, almost as if it were a que, she stopped laughing.

"What was that?" Dmitri asked curiously.

"Well, I was considered really popular so of course I'm used to rumors. I guess I just grew used to dealing with them"

That's so messed up! She shouldn't be used to rumors! She should be mad, she should want to cry. She shouldn't be so used to it that she can laugh and know exactly what to say. I don't want her to be used to rumors she deserves better an-

"Kyle?" Hope nudged my shoulder, "Dmitri asked a question"

"Hmm? Sorry what Dmitri?" I asked, Dmitri smirked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Have you told the girl you like that you like her?"

"Uh...no..."

"Dang dude! You gotta do that ASAP before she falls for someone else"

"OK WHO IS IT?!?" Hope groaned while lightly punching my arm.

"Uhhhh" the bell rang and I grinned. "Sorry, gotta get to class" and I ran

Hopes pov
Dmitri and I had art, so the two of us made our way down the halls.

"So do you know who he has a crush on?" I questioned desperately

"Yeah, well he hasn't told me, but it's obvious" he shrugged

"Who?!" I begged

"I think it's you"

WHAT?!?

Wait I'm forgetting something! What is it?! Oh yeah! Breathing, how do I breathe again? Inhale, exhale, repeat. Ok

"What?" My voice cracked and I mentally kicked myself, Dmitri just chuckled.

"Well, he had the biggest crush in you in the ninth grade when I moved here. He would sit up straighter when you walked by, when he heard your name his eyes would light up, and he would doodle your name all over his note book. He still does those things, minus the notebook, and I guess he never got over that crush" Dmitri was talking as though it were the simplest thing.

"I...." I had no clue what to say.

"So do you like him?"

"What? I just got out of a messy break up so I'm not looking for-"

"That wasn't the question"

I spotted the art room and bolted in, and sat beside a girl I've never met.

"HOPE" Dmitri slammed the door open, and he ignored the glare from the teacher. I shrunk into my seat wishing I could disappear.

"YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY QUESTION, NOW, DO YOU LI-" I slapped a hand over his mouth and glared.

"Listen closely, I'm confused. That's all I'm going to say. Now. Shut. Up. If you want to live!" I growled and heard him gulp audibly. He gulped and slowly nodded. "Good, now go" and Dmitri scurried away like a scared puppy

Ugh, I don't need more drama

A/N Again! I had this all typed out, and now I'm kinda rushing so this isn't edited, and I wasn't home all day so I had no time to type it out until now, I love you all devils byeee