Part 133

Hopes pov
I felt like I transferred to another world.

All too soon, Kyle pulled away, his face a crimson red. Mine probably matching my dress.

"Oh! Your present!" I dug through my small purse and took out the small box. I placed it in his hands and smiled.

"Open it!!" I insisted. Kyle chuckled and opened the box. He looked at the key curiously.

"What's it a key to?"

"Everything I cherish" he looked at me wide eyed, "it's kind of lame but...in a sense I'm giving you my trust. I trust you with this key. And it unlocks everything important to me" I explained. Kyle grinned, "it's rally lame compared to your gift but I just figured it would be a gift with meaning. I could buy you something else if you want an-"

"I love it. And I don't want you to buy me anything else, this is priceless"

My face lit aflame again and I instinctively fiddled with the hem of my dress.

Then Lilith came over and pulled me away into the bathroom.

"Oh my Irene! You two kissed!"

"Y-yeah..."

"How was it??"

"I-its was...nice...perfect...it was like a dream"

Lilith squeeled.

"I hear wedding bells~" she sang. I laughed and shook my head.

"Shut up"

In just a few weeks Lilith and I had become best friends. But I could never fully trust her, not after what happened with Emmi.

Kyles pov
It was like...magic.

The perfection of her lips connecting with mine was like magic.

Dmitri ran up to me and punched my shoulder

"Dude! You totally just kissed her!"

"I know I was there"

"So have you told her you love her?"

"Dmitri!"

"Well? Have you?"

"No, I haven't told her I like her."

"Wimp"

We ate some snacks and drank some punch. People tried to talk to me, but I was out of it. All I could think of was the kiss Hope had laid on my lips.

"Kyle?" I turned to see Hope smiling, "you dropped your key"

I took the small key out of her hand, our fingers briefly touching. Sparks sill ignited throughout my veins.

Our lives were so much simpler when we were younger. Hope and I used to meet by an old willow tree, we'd catch frogs and bugs and build them little houses from leaves. In the winter we would wait by the bus stop and she would throw snowballs at me.

Sometimes I'd miss the little dorky girl who would punch me for embarrassing her. And sometimes I still get that dorky little girl, but the small light in her eyes has gone. Somewhere between grade nine and now, Hope hasn't been the same.

Every now and then I see that light within the dark cyan blue.

And just now, after the kiss, and when she gave me the key, the light in her eyes was as bright as when we were little.

A/N Sorry, this is also very short. I kinda rushed. Sorry, I love you all devils. Byeeee
*unedited