Chapter 6

Hey guys! It took me awhile to write this chapter, I've been busy with birthdays and school, but here it is. Thanks for everyone that has voted and fanned and commented and read, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Thanks again :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

***********************************************************************************************************************

                                                                                Chapter 6

Evan’s POV:

                Driving up to Sutton’s house later that night, I grinned in anticipation. All afternoon all I could think about was her. She invaded every thought, her strawberry and vanilla scent filling my senses. I’d only seen her once a few hours ago, but I already missed her. Funny, this morning I could care less about finding a mate. I didn’t really even want one. How stupid I was! I don’t know how I ever lived without her. I felt like my whole life I’d been blind, and the moment I saw her it was like I opened my eyes. I felt all these things for a girl I’d never even talked to. Yet.

                Thinking back to this afternoon, I grinned once more as I parked my car. After Sutton had practically run out of the store, much to my disappointment, I’d reluctantly looked at my phone. By then it was silent, and the screen was flashing, alerting me to the fact I had a missed call. Sadie. Big surprise, I thought sarcastically. I’d dated Sadie on and off for a year and we’d been going strong for four months, our record for being on, when one day last week I woke up and I just didn’t feel it anymore. It was strange, like someone had flipped a switch and Sadie wasn’t as beautiful or smart or as amazing as before. Actually, no girl was as amazing as before. I felt like somehow I knew there was someone better out there for me and I wouldn’t settle for anything less. Thinking about it then, I realized that had been a couple days before Sutton had come. I wonder if subconsciously I knew what was about to come.

                I was a bit taken back with how my friend’s responded to Sutton being my mate. I didn’t have to tell them, they were there. They witnessed that little staring pow wow. Lisa was ecstatic to say the least, as was Ellie. They loved that they had a new girlfriend and shopping buddy.

                “Now when we vote on which movie we see, we’ll at least be tied. I’m sick of Ellie and I being outvoted and having to sit through gory horror films.” Lisa had told me.

                “Lisa, didn’t we just sit through a two hour movie on love?” Scott asked, incredulous. Lisa stuck her tongue out at him and he grinned. 

                “Congrats, Evan. She seems like a really nice girl.” Ellie said honestly. I felt sort of bad for her, she was now the only one left without a mate. Her brother had found Kat a year ago and few a months after that, Lisa discovered Spencer and Kevin met Lilah. Seeing both her brother and her best friend so happy had made her yearn for her mate. Up until right now, we’d both been without a mate, so it wasn’t all too bad. But now she was the only one without one, so that had to be hard for her. The one person who wanted a mate the most didn’t have one.

                “Thanks Ellie. And don’t worry. Some guy out there is going crazy looking for you. Just give him some time, he’ll find you.” I told her reassuringly. She smiled, grateful.

                “My man, no longer free. Welcome to being whipped.” Kevin told me, laughing.

                “It’s true. Everything revolves around her now. Get used to it.” Scott said lightheartedly. I knew they were both kidding; they loved their mates more than life itself. I had seen it in their eyes when Kat or Lilah walked away from them. It was like they couldn’t stand to see them walk more than a foot away from them. I could never imagine what it was like to love someone so much; they consumed your thoughts and just the thought of not seeing them for a minute hurt. I hadn’t been able to fathom loving someone that much. Now I know exactly what they felt like.