Chapter 22

I know this took a long time but I had a difficult time writing this. The expectations were pretty high for this chapter and I wanted to get it just right. I would love you so much if you commented and told me what you thought of it because I'm still not sure how good it is. 

As always, thanks to everyone who voted and commented and fanned :)

Just to let you in on what was going on in my head, I was listening to the song "Breathless" by Taylor Swift while writing this because I wanted the end of this chapter to be like the song.

(p.s. sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

Evan’s POV:

            I watched as her determined face froze as she looked around the room. Ok, now the rather hazardous state of my room is embarrassing. Her eyebrows rose as she took in my unbathed, lazy form sprawled across my unmade bed. She shook her head slowly as if she couldn’t really believe that I’d let myself go this far.

            “What…” She trailed off looking around again. Sutton is honestly the last person I expected to see at my house, much less in my room. The last time I’d seen her she’d still been shut off from me. The memory made my mood turn bitter.

            “What do you want?” I mumbled as I turned my face back to my pillow trying to calm my excited wolf.

            “Evan, look at me.” I turned to face her, out of bewilderment more than just to grant her command. How dare she think she can just come barge in here and demand things of me when she’s been avoiding me for weeks.

            “Who do you think you are?” In my slightly buzzed state, my anger seemed amplified. She flinched and I held back an apology.

            “I just wanted to talk.” She said quietly. Oh now she wants to talk? I couldn’t help it; the pent up anger and frustration poured out of me.

            “Sutton, what makes you think I want to talk to you? I’ve tried for 2 months! 2 months Sutton! That was 2 months that you could have decided to come and talk to me. You didn’t even give me a chance to explain. Yes I dated Sadie but it was for you! To protect you. I can’t tell you everything but believe me when I say, everything I’ve done was to protect you. And yet you can’t even give me the time of day to explain this to you. It’s like you only listen to things when you want to listen to them. Everything runs on your schedule and you know what, I’m sick of it! I’m tired of this push-pull relationship. It’s like I’m in a freaking circus with you! I’m getting whiplash here Sutton. Make up your mind because I’m not going to be here begging on my knees anymore. To tell you the truth, I’m not sure why you’re here because you’ve made it obvious that you hate the fact that I’m your mate. The both of us both know the only feelings you have towards me are repulsion and aversion. You don’t care. ”

            My anger faded out as we lapsed into silence. I didn’t feel so buzzed any more. I hadn’t meant to tell her those things but a part of me was glad I had. Maybe I’d over exaggerated but she wasn’t the only one in this relationship. She didn’t just get to decide when we’d talk. I watched her face as my breathing returned to normal, watched as the shock wore off, leaving behind Sutton.

            The shock wore away to reveal pain and confusion. Sutton’s face crumpled and I found a part of her I thought I’d lost. It was written so deeply across her face I don’t know how I never saw it. The first time I’d met her I’d seen an openness, a gentleness about her. During the last few weeks all I’d seen was a carefully composed girl, a carefully guarded Sutton. My words had stripped Sutton bare and left her with no choice but to be honest. And God was it written across her face. She still cared.