Chapter 24 (Part 1)

Random thing, but I just loved the ending of the last chapter. I think it sort of foreshadowed what's going to happen in this chapter. I made this chapter longer than the others because it's big and even so, I had to make a part 2. When I finished writing this I was so excited to share it I didn't edit so I'm sorry if there's spelling mistakes or grammar errors. I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter because I worked really hard on it.

And I dedicate this chapter to Stacie888 because she made a fantastic banner for this. So thank you very much!

And lastly, thank you to everyone who comments and votes and fans. You guys are just the best :)

************************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 24

Evan’s POV:

            I’m back! My room is clean, I’m freshly shaven, my mood has improved, and most importantly, I have Sutton. Thank goodness it’s holiday break and we have two weeks to spend together. She came to me three nights ago but yet it seems like a lifetime ago. The only time I don’t see her is at night. She still doesn’t want to tell Jason and as much as I hate lying to him, I’ll do whatever to make Sutton happy. She just needs some time to work up the courage to tell him. She knows the both of us are very close to her brother and she doesn’t want either one of our relationships jeopardized by this. Personally, if it came down to her or Jason, she would win in a heartbeat.

            “Thinking about Sutton again?” Kevin teased. Spencer and Scott choked on their laughter.

            “Oh definitely. He has the Sutton look.” Scott teased.

            “It’s the Sutton look gentlemen.” Spencer announced.

            “Shut up! I do not have a Sutton look.” I growled defensively. I was hanging out with my boys at the mall that was a few towns over as Lisa had annoyingly insisted Sutton needed some girl time and we needed to do some Christmas shopping.

            “Yes you do! You get this far away look in your eyes and you start smiling and you don’t even realize when someone’s talking to you.” Scott smirked and I shot him a glare.

            “Well excuse me if I like to think of my sexy ass mate.” I muttered.

            “No worries man, I’m the same way. I just do it discreetly.” Spencer said. I exchanged a look with the others.

            “There’s nothing discreet about you and Lisa dude.” Kevin told him, laughing.

            “Yeah, don’t think we can’t hear you guys. I can tell you how many times you get uhh…lucky. Trust me, I hate having the bedroom next to yours.” Scott complained.

            “I’m not sure if I should be creeped out that you actually count that or smug that the number is so high.” We all laughed at that.

            “Well if we don’t start on this list soon, we’ll never get it done.” Kevin muttered, holding up the neat, five page stapled packet.

The girls had been appalled to find it was Christmas Eve and we had yet to go out and get their gifts. They’d been prepared however, promptly shooing us out of the house and handing the list over. They knew us well, meaning they knew as far as us getting them gifts, we were clueless as to what to buy.

“I swear they “need” so many things.” Scott muttered, taking a glance at the list Kevin was holding.

We walked around for a hours, complying with the items on the list. Vanilla scented perfume for Lisa, a peach cardigan for Lilah, boots for Sutton (as if she didn’t already have enough), a new sketchpad for Kat. The list went on and on but as guys that wanted to please our mates, we dutifully bought the gifts. As someone who had never had to do this before, I was a bit shocked to find that girls desired so much. I mean, I knew Sutton loved to shop, but man she really loved to shop.