Chapter 13

Hmm, maybe I should leave cliffhangers more often. The response to the last chapter was amazing. Thank you to everyone who voted and and commented and fanned. You guys are the best! Thank you also for being patient. I've been very busy lately so it's been hard to upload consistantly. Here's the next chapter though.

* Remember! The more you guys vote and comment and fan, the faster I upload! *

(Sorry for any sspelling/grammar mistakes)

*************************************************************************************************************************

                                                                                Chapter 13

Evan’s POV:

                I dragged my sorry ass out of bed around noon. After my unfortunate meeting with Luke yesterday, I’d driven home and locked myself in my room, wallowing in silence. How could protecting the person you love hurt so much? I knew though, that if the hunters knew how much Sutton meant to me, she would pay. I’d heard stories of Alpha’s mates being taken by hunters and enduring countless days of torture. Hunters found that simply killing a mate was too easy, no the mate had to suffer. The Alpha’s in those stories, well the ending was never good. After receiving their mate back in pieces, and arm here, a leg there, they soon fell to pieces and died from the heartache of losing their mate. I’d be damned if I subjected Sutton to that brutality simply because of the love I felt for her.

                That was what I kept in my head when I fought against the urge to call her, or see her, or text her. Her death wasn’t worth my happiness. I’d sworn Spencer to secrecy about my lie, and made sure that the few people who knew about Sutton being my mate kept their mouths shut. Lisa and Ellie weren’t happy but they understood. Luckily not many people knew about Sutton, just my parents and Lisa and Ellie, Kevin, Spencer and Scott and their mates.

                “Getting up today?” Jason’s deep voice resonated from the door. I twisted slightly and looked at him through half narrowed eyes. Damn, her smell emanated from him. I felt my face twist and buried my face in my pillow, hiding it from Jason.

                “I’m thinking about it.” I muttered into my pillow.

                “Long night?” Jason chuckled at his dirty joke.

                “Umph.” I grunted back.

                “Sadie?” I fought the urge to growl. Why the hell would he think I was with Sadie last night? Oh wait, that’s what I’d told Spencer to spread around. As of yesterday, Evan and Sadie were back. The mighty duo. I almost groaned.

                “Did you need something?” I just wanted to lay here and think about Sutton, seeing as how that was as close as I was going to get to her.

                “Touchy.” Jason commented. “Just wanted to hang out, so let’s go. Get your but out of bed and go shower stinky man.” He caught hold of my foot and pulled, dumping me on the floor. I glowered at him from the floor before standing.

                “Dick.” I muttered as I walked towards the bathroom, following his orders.

Sutton’s POV:

                I woke up in the middle of nowhere. I was literally lying in the middle of the woods, with no idea how I got here. My head was pounding and my mouth and throat were dry.