chapter 16

Erens POV

Many hours later

"LEVI!!!" I yell his name.

He glares down at me as if I just asked him the most confusing question.

He drops his knife onto the concrete and it lands in front of me.

I lay helpless on the ground with my arm wrapped around my stomach and the other laying by my side.

"Eren..." He says, low and scared.

I widen my eyes.

"Please... Don't forget me again..."

One hour before

As we walk to the park, the sun sets and hides itself behind a mountain, hinting the sky with red and orange.

Levi grabs my hand and we sit on bench next to a tree with orange leaves.

(The one and only Petra tree)

We sit silently and just watch people walk past us.

The path between the grass is right in front of us, so each time someone passes, they greet us, which is like two people every thirty or more seconds.

A lady walks past us and glances at me and quickly looks away.

Is it because I'm holding hands with a boy? Or does she somehow recognize me as a murderer?

Whatever.

Judgmental bitch.

I feel levi grip my hand tighter then he leans over and shoots his face in front of mine and places his lips on mine.

I kiss him back and pet the side of his head with my free hand.

He kisses me for a while, and once we pull sway, multiple people and their children are staring.

Judgmental bitches.

Suddenly we hear sirens and cop cars pull up next to the curb of the park and the lady from earlier comes out and points at us.

"Levi, run." I tell him.

"Why??" He asks sternly.

"RUN." I yell.

With my hand still in his, I shoot up and run along the path and over the bridge, down the small alley way, and into the empty cold street. I turn right and continue running, making multiple confusing turns, and we end up in the middle of one if the busiest towns.

I hear the sirens again and run faster with levi psntung behind me. I turn down an alley way then stop in the middle if it when I realize its a dead end. I turn around and go to run, but the police cars block our exit.

"Levi, listen to me, I want you to-" before I can finish nt sentance, he Rips out of my hand and walks in front of me.

"I will not let anyone hurt you." He growls.

He pulls out multiple knives from his belt and throws one set of them forward, hitting two of the six cops and breaking through a window, killing the lady.

"PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN!!!" They yell.

Levi grunts and throws the new set if knives, killing two more cops, leaving two left and more sirens coming.

Suddenly I hear a gun shot. A sting races through my body and I grip my stomach.

They shit a bullet right through levi and hit me.

Levi turns around with a wild look in his eye and anger in his face.

He gasps through gritted teeth then yells.

He runs towards the cops, and they miss each time they shoot as levi swerves between bullets and bounces off objects, then he stand them both in the head and the sirens grow louder and two more shots fire, both hitting me in the lower stomach and right under my chest.

I cough and fall to the floor and levi runs over to me screaming that he is sorry.

He kneels down and grabs my face and says,"Eren, stay alive, okay??"

I whimper and he stand up and turns to face the new cops.

Suddenly, rapid gunfire shoots, and bullets ricochet and some hit me, but most hit levi. Once the shooting stops, I look up to see Levi standing blankly.

He turns to me and says lowly,"Eren...please don't forgot me..."

My eyes widen and he falls to the ground, dead.

"NOOI!!! LEVI!!!!!" I yell.

I cry helplessly and grab the knife that he dropped.

End the pain.

End the pain...

END THE GOD DAMN PAIN.

I scream and raises the knife and it breaks my skull-

I open my eyes with a gasp.

"Oi you brat. You slept late."

I sit up and see that I'm in the captains bed.

I scratch my head and glare at the mattress.

It was all just... A nightmare... Right... So last night, after levi and I did the do, I went to sleep and had a nightmare...

"I had to carry you from the pool and try to cover up that you were naked and once we got back here I put some pants on you." Levi says as he stands in front of his mirror putting his belts and straps on.

"Sorry..." I say.

"You don't need to be. How did you sleep?"

"I slept fine... I had a small nightmare but it wasn't that bad..."

"What was it about?"

I don't respond.

He turns around and raises an eyebrow.

"You... You died... And it was my fault...and it all... And it all felt so real..." I feel a tear stroll down my cheek and Levi runs over to me and grabs my shoulders and kneels down in front of me.

"If I ever die, it is not you're fault, got that??" He asks.

"But what if it is??" I ask.

"IT WON'T BE!" he yells.

"Eren, just put that nightmare behind you. Let's just pretend it never happened and you woke up to this," he grand my face and plants his soft lips on mine.

He pets my head then stands up and holds out his hand to me with a small smile and says,"let's get you dressed and go eat some breakfast."