The New Girl was Clueless

"Here is one Martian Marinara, one Cheesy Milky Way, and one Pepperoni Pluto." Tyler said as he placed the pizzas' down on the checkered blanket that he laid out in Josh's front lawn. All three of us had gathered there celebrate Twenty One Pilots' first big show.

"Why the heck do they name their pizzas?" Josh commented.

"I dunno, it's kind of... Cheesy." Tyler arched his eyebrow.  I shook my head. 

"How many other pizza puns do you have there?" I asked him. Tyler thought for a minute. 

"None." He replied. 

So, we enjoyed our pizza out in the sun. I was having a great time, until a silver Ford truck pulled up to the driveway. A girl with blonde hair and red streaks stepped out. She was wearing cut-off shorts with a black crop top and leather boots that just passed her thighs. On the drivers' side of the truck I saw Joe stepping out as well.

"What the... who's that?" I asked Josh.

"Oh, that's my sister Abbie, but I don't know who the guy is." 

Then I realized. Joe had left me for Josh's eighteen year old sister. Of course when Joe spotted me, he pulled Abbie's arm back to the car, telling her that they needed to leave or something. Abbie shook her head and responded, but I couldn't hear. I was furious, not because of the fact that Joe was truly cheating on me, but the fact that he was dating Josh's sister. I tried to hide my anger, but of course Tyler knew something was wrong. 

"Emily, are you alright?" He asked me. I took a few deep breaths.

"Its nothing." I responded. It really was nothing. I wanted to break up with Joe for a while, but now he would be Josh's families' problem. I didn't want that for him.

"Are you sure?" Josh asked. I nodded my head. Abbie then decided than it would be a good idea to come over to us.

"Josh, Tyler, whoever you are, this is Joe, my boyfriend."

Joe was standing next to her, very still. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Another one? Sorry Joe, but you're not the first." 

Abbie got mad.

"God, Josh, you ruin everything!" She complained. She then turned to Tyler.

"Who's this?" She asked him, completely ignoring me.

"This is Emily. She's my, uh, friend." Tyler told her, cautiously. 

"Oh," Abbie continued, "well, Joe this is Emily." 

I glared at Joe.

"Yeah, we met." I almost spat. She didn't know who I was, which meant that I couldn't blame her for Joe's cheating. Joe looked at me and silently pleaded. 

'He doesn't want me to tell her!'  

Now, I had the power to completely destroy Joe's relationship, but that would be a bitchy thing to do. Besides, I could use this information to get back at him in the future...

' Wait, no, that's also bitchy.' 

Although I didn't want Joe to be a burden on Josh's life, I decided to let this go. 

"Oh have you?" Abbie asked me.

"Yeah, friend of my family." I replied.

Joe looked relieved. 

"Well, I'm gonna go introduce Joe to mom and dad." She said as she grabbed Joe's hand and spun around towards the house.

"He seemed, nice." Tyler said.

"Am I really just 'a friend'?" I imitated Tyler's voice.

"Oh haha." He said as he gave me a hug.

Screw Joe, I had better days coming.