Start Of Their End

I wasn't sure that moving away was a good idea, but a week before school started, I knew that there wasn't any other option. Tyler sensed my uneasiness, and I knew that he tried to make me feel better, but none of his attempts showed me that leaving him would be a good idea. I had to, though. I had to leave, but I would graduate in four years. Then I could come back. On the night before I was supposed to leave, I spent the night at Tyler's house. There wasn't a lot of talking, but we did sleep in the same bed for the first time. We didn't do anything, I just had to be with him before I left. I lay with my head resting on his bare chest, and his fingers twisted knots in my big T-shirt. For what seemed like forever, we stared up at the bare ceiling, just not speaking a word.

"Tyler?" I lifted my head over his.

"Yeah?" He opened his big brown eyes.

"I don't want to not be with you." I told him. He softly chuckled.

"It's not like I'll never see you again." He reassured me.

"Yeah, but..." I thought for a moment. I would Skype him every day, and visit on holidays.

"And when you come back next Christmas, I'll be here waiting." He twirled his fingers through my hair.

"I guess." I sighed as I rested my head back on his chest.

"You'll have a lot of fun in New York, I promise." Tyler put his hand over my waist as he kissed my forehead. I must have fallen asleep shortly after that, because it wasn't long until Tyler shook my shoulder until I opened my eyes.

"Good morning." He smiled sleepily.
I looked at the clock on Tyler's wall. It was seven thirty, which meant that I would be leaving at ten. Tyler agreed to drive me, instead of taking a plane to New York. It would be a day and a half of straight driving with no stops.

I groaned.

"Do I have to get up now?" I sighed.

"Sadly." Tyler grunted as he sat up off of the bed. I straightened my shirt, and followed him downstairs. It was just our luck that we were greeted by Maddie and Jay staring at us from the kitchen table.

"EW! TYLER DID YOU HAVE SEX!" Maddie almost screamed. Tyler widened his eyes at his little sister.

"Good God Maddie, no way!"

"Mmmhmm, sure." Jay glared at us.

I glared right back at him.

"Emily just fell asleep in my room!" Tyler pleaded with his siblings. I found the ordeal slightly amusing. For the record, we didn't have sex, but it was funny to watch the argument fold out.

"Whatever, I won't tell mom." Maddie smirked. Tyler groaned in frustration.

"Whatever. Emily? What do you want for breakfast?" He asked me, putting on a smile.

"I'll just grab something at home." I told him.

"But we have to go!" I realized that I wasn't finished packing. Since I slept in my clothes, I just quickly threw on my dark blue hoodie and my black Convers. Tyler drove me back to my house, where my dad was frantically loading the mini van that Mark used to take us to New York the first time with all of my suitcases. I rushed over to help him.

"Do we have everything?" My father asked me frantically.

"Dad, don't worry, we have everything packed." And perfect timing too. At ten o'clock, we had finished all of my packing.

"Are you sure you don't need me to come?" My dad shut the back of the van.

"I'll be fine, Tyler will get me there." I reassured him.