The Truth Spilled Out Like The Alcohol

I tried to compose my feelings as I stood up off of the floor.

'Tyler will be here soon, don't worry.' I tried to reassure myself. But then I realized, he could not see my father in this state. I hadn't even gone to check on him all morning. Looking on the couch, I noticed that he wasn't here. At some point in the night, he had made his way to his bedroom, which of course was littered with bottles of alcohol. I had to look away from the state of his room. How was I going to fix this? I heard a knock on my door.

'Oh no.' I tried to wipe the remaining tears from my eyes. Tyler couldn't be here. I shouldn't have picked up the phone. He nocked again.

"Emily? Are you there?"

I ran towards the door and opened it slightly.

"Tyler, I'm sorry but can we talk about this later?" I pleaded with him.

"Something's wrong. Are you okay?" He looked behind me.

'Damn it Tyler!' Right where he looked, there were cans of beer and glass.

"No, you're not okay." He said quietly. I sighed. Of course I had to tell him what was gong on. I opened the door all the way without saying a word. He stepped inside.

"Please, tell me what's wrong." Tyler pleaded. I started to tell him about my mother, and the years I spent with my father. I only got to the part where my mother took me in until I heard footsteps. Someone was walking towards the front hallway.

"Tyler please, you have to go." I told him quietly, but it was too late. My father, in a drunken state, was staring right at us. This wasn't him, this wasn't my dad. My dad was kind and loving. Although we always got into fights, and he got angry, I've never seen him this angry. His short black hair was in a mess, and his clothes were dirty. His green eyes were narrowed at me.

"Who's he." He pointed at Tyler.

"D-dad, I've told you about Tyler." I stammered.

"Why's he in my house?" He slurred. I didn't speak.

"Where's Henry?" He asked. I started to cry again.

"Dad, you were drunk, it wasn't safe for him here. I sent him with grandma..."

I slowly stopped talking. He looked furious.

"Why you little snitch..." He stormed towards me. Tyler stepped in front of me.

"Mr. Chapman. MR. CHAPMAN!"

My dad stopped in front of him, then he started to cry.

"Jessica is gone." He told me with a tear on his cheek.

"I know." I replied.

"I need help." He said.

"I know."

He turned around, and walked back to his room. Once again, I started to cry. I didn't want to cry, and I felt like I was overreaction. I slid back down onto the floor.

'Stop crying, please stop crying!' I tried to tell my self. I felt Tyler kneel beside me.

"Emily, please look at me." He begged. I removed my hands from over my face. He placed his hand on my cheek.

"It's going to be okay, I promise." He told me. I burrowed my face into his shoulder. I was wrong, I'm glad Tyler came.