She Made A Sudden Decision

I'd say that everything was going well. My family was back, I had a steady job, and once again, art took over my life. Within a month, the sketch book that Josh gave me was full of drawings. I drew everything that I did throughout my day, almost like a visual diary. I drew pictures of all of the places that Tyler took me during the time after work. I drew pictures of the church, and the neighborhood. I wondered why I ever stopped drawing. Maybe it was because I didn't think that it meant anything. I was wrong, it meant a lot. Upon reuniting with my art, my father thought it best for me to apply for an art school. Tyler and Josh supported me fully, so I sent in applications to almost every art school in Ohio. Nothing.

"You need to expand your applications." My dad told me one night.

"But I don't want to leave Ohio." I responded as I picked at my dinner.

"If you want to pursue art, you might have to. But you'll always be able to visit." My dad took a bite of ham.

"Yeah, but..." I thought for a moment. I didn't want to go that far away from Tyler

"Have you tried New York? Lots of art schools there." My dad suggested.
New York did have a lot of art programs.

"I'll look into it." I told him.

The next day at work, I told Tyler what my dad had said.

"I mean, I just don't know if New York is realistic." I told Tyler as we took turns sweeping the floor.

"Well," he pushed the broom away from him "I think that you should try." A year ago, I would have been overjoyed to go to an art school in New York. Now, I wasn't so sure.

"But I don't want to be that far away from you." I replied.

"I don't want to be the one who holds you back on an amazing opportunity." Tyler tossed me the broom. I hopped off of my spot on the table where I was sitting.

"You know, I think that I will apply." I decided.

"Great! Can I help you make an application?" Tyler asked as he hopped up onto the table.

"Definitely!" I begin to sweep.

"Okay so you'll definatly want to take a picture of that one..."
A week later, Tyler and I had laid out all of my art pieces to decide which one I should send in with my application.

"I dunno, I really like this one." I held up my drawing of the forest where me and Tyler saw that deer.

"Of course we're going to put that one in!" He placed the picture in a pile. We spent the entire day rummaging through my drawings, until Tyler paused to look at one for a very long time.

"Tyler?" I tilted my head. He held a piece of paper in his hand.

"You drew this?" He spoke softly. I looked at the picture that he was holding. A girl with long black hair had her hand shielding her face, that appeared to look like a skull.

"Oh, that? Yeah that's mine." I flushed.

"It's beautiful." He almost whispered. I looked down at the floor. I had forgotten about that picture.

"Should I put it in the pile?" I asked him.

"C-can I keep it?" Tyler stuttered.

"Sure." I responded, sort of surprised that he wanted to have it.

"Thanks." He smiled slightly.

"Are we done for the night?" I asked.

"We can send it in tomorrow." Tyler turned back to face me.

"Thank you for helping me." I said as I gave him a hug.

"No problem." He kissed my cheek. I was actually pretty exited to send in the application. We had decided in the New York Academy of Art. It was a difficult school to get into, but it was worth a try.

The next day, I mailed the letter.

"I'm proud of you Emily." Tyler told me as we walked away from the mail box. Suddenly it hit me.

I would have to leave Tyler.

No, I probably wasn't even going to get accepted. I had nothing to worry about.

900 READS!! I HIT 900 READS!! HOLY MOTHER OF JOSHUA DUN 900!! Sorry that this chapter was aweful. I'll do better next chapter.