Chapter 1: 5 Seconds Of Who?

I groan as I lay my head against the door to the nurses office.

Just a foreshadow: I'm in here a lot.

"Tiffany let's go, it's adoption time!" The person who's looks after us, Clare, says as she bangs on the door, instantly making my head pound harder.

I groan again as I begin to struggle to get to my feet and try to stop my world from spinning.

The emptiness of the room suddenly hits me and I get out as quickly as I can, the panic overwhelming from the sudden loneliness.

"What's wrong now?" She asks, as I step out into the hallway.

I shrug nonchalantly. "Regular things. Throwing up. Headaches. The usual." I say, trying to refrain from making her worry.

She places a hand on my back and gently pushes me to the adoption room, rushing me to get there, but not too much where I begin to stress out.

She's good with that kind of stuff.

Already dressed, I was the first one there. I never really put in any special attention to myself on adoption days.

I mean if they want to adopt me, they would actually want, well, me. Not some fake kiss up.

I sit down on one of the chairs and lay my head on any place of the chair that's comfortable somewhat.

My exhausted becomes aware as my eyelids begin to droop, my whole body relaxing into the chair the best I could.

I don't really get much sleep.

Yeah, you could say that.

"TIFFANY!"

I jump and open my eyes quickly, my heart pounding so hard I think it's about to jump out and run away.

After forcing myself to calm down, anger fills my whole body, ready to lunge at someone.

I look up at the girl laughing at my misery and instantly give her my most resourceful tool with dealing with bullies.

The wonderful middle finger.

She rolls her eyes and flips her hair like she's hot shit.

Hint: she's not.

I groan for about the hundred time that day, and lay my head back on the chair.

This place has a reserved spot in hell, I tell you.

"Tiffany, you okay?" A quiet voice says as they start to draw circles on my back with their hand.

I open my eyes and move my sight to Dylan as he smiles at me.

Dylan is my only friend here. He's the only one who doesn't make me want to throw up on social contact.

But because he's two years older than me, we don't live in the same department unfortunately enough.

He says when he turns eighteen and gets out of here, he'll adopt me.

I find that hard to believe. But it doesn't really matter right now.

Focus hoe.

I smile back gratefully at him before the door opens, causing me to look away from Dylan and to them.

My mouth drops as three young boys walk in.

What kind of young adults want to adult a damn kid? Is that even allowed?