Chapter 4: Never Fear, Cal-Pal Is Here

I didn't go back to the house.

I bet he expected me to. But I don't feel safe in the house.

I mean come on I just started living there. Instead I walked to the one place that has been home for me.

The organization.

Or to Dylan specifically.

I knew how to get there. I payed attention to the streets and the signs. I knew a general idea of how to get there. Better than nothing.

It wasn't long before my feet started to get tired. I sigh as I glance down at my flip flops.

I should've wore my vans.

I continued to walk as I go down Everest street.

About 30-40 minutes later I find myself standing in front of my home.

Dylan. My home.

I walk up to the organization and open the door.

I walk to the counter and smile at the man behind it.

"I'm here to visit Dylan O'Brien." I say.

The man nods and taps something on his computer. I look around the room, not being able to get a good look at it when I left.

They don't let the foster kids come out here. Just in case we run away which is what the older kids usually do.

Nobody in my aged group tried at all in the time that I've been here.

"Follow me." The man says stepping out from behind the counter.

I follow him down a hall and into a white room. He tells me to sit down and that Dylan will be here in a few minutes.

I sit down on one of the two chairs around the table. I sigh and rest my head on my arms.

I hear the door swing up and I raise my head quickly. Dylan closes the door behind him and sits in the chair next to me. He looks at me in concern.

"What's up?" He asks. I sigh and explain everything to him. About the smoking, the crying, the nightmares, and then the fight. He nods occasionally throughout the story but doesn't say anything. When I'm done and I look at him, begging him to stay something.

Instead, he raises his arms and pulls me into him. I lay against his chest as he wraps his arms around my back and snuggles me.

I sigh and blink my eyes, tears threatening to come out. "It'll be okay. I promise, but maybe you shouldn't have yelled at him." He says.

I pull out of his arms and stare at him, bewildered.

"Excuse me?" I ask. He sighs and runs an hand through his hair.

"You will get him to understand how much this hurts you if you yell at him. And also don't you think that you are being a little bit selfish?" He asks.

My jaw drops. "Wha-."

"-no stop interrupting me. Do you remember a year ago when you keep taking those pills to get you to fall asleep. They weren't good for you and were harming your body. But you didn't care, because you didn't have any nightmares and you could sleep. Then the doctors took them away from you and I never saw you more wrecked. You couldn't sleep, the bags under your eyes scared me shitless. You barely talked and didn't even feel safe with me. So imagine how Calum feels. Those cigarettes make him feel safe and have a quick way to get rid of his problems. Like those pills. How dare you take that away from him."

I sit there, speechless. I stand up quickly, staring down at him. "I'll come back tomorrow." I say before rushing out of the room.

He didn't even have time to call me back.
___________________________________
I didn't know what to do.