Chapter 44: Jonah's Sister

pic of calum

THIS PICTURE MAKES ME WANNA PULL MY HAIR OUT IM DONE HE LOOKS SO GOOD

This chapter took forever to write put me out of my misery

okay on with the chapter !

"What does he have in his mouth?"

Michael looks up at his boyfriend innocently from where he's sitting down with Brownie.

"Not peanut butter that's for sure."

I laugh as Calum's mouth drops and he calls over his dog, taking him away from Michael.

Michael pouts before climbing to his feet, dusting himself off for a minute.

"Where's Dylan? He hasn't been around lately." Calum asks me, not looking in my direction since he's petting his dog.

"He's mad at me." I admit, not letting myself lie to them.

"Why?"

I shrug, knowing the answer but not wanting to get into it, it's between me and him and telling them will just cause more conflict.

Ashton saves me by walking into the living room right at that moment, texting someone on his phone as he does so.

"Calum, Michael, can you leave so I can talk to Tiffany?" He asks, turning his phone off and pocketing it.

They both send some form of agreement before Michael helps Calum to his feet and they both walk into the kitchen.

Brownie trots over to me in a care-free way before flopping down next to my leg and resting his head on it.

I pet him in response and watch Ashton as he sits on the couch, basically sitting across from me since I'm on the floor.

"Okay, you know the boy I was talking about?"

I nod, moving my gaze back to the dog as he moves closer to me.

"He wants to meet you."

My breathe hitches for some reason I don't know, but I guess it always does that when I learn I have to meet new people.

"When?"

"I guess that depends on you." Ashton replies, catching my eyes and the expression on his face is unreadable, but it probably mirrors mine.

"Oh."

I sit in silence, staring down at Brownie's fur as I pet him.

"You don't have to meet him you know?"

"What? Shut up Irwin, I'm meeting him. I just don't want to be all weird and awkward like I always am."

"You're not always like that."

I roll my eyes at Ashton before standing to my feet since I have counseling soon and should get ready.

"How about this weekend?" I ask after a moment of thinking, biting down on my lip.

"Really?" Ashton asks, looking surprised that I chose something so soon.

I nod, mentally trying to convince myself not to back out.

"Okay then, I'll call him. Thank you."

Ashton leaves the room leaving me to battle with myself about if I did the right thing, it could go horrible.

Or it could go great.

Shut up, Andrew.

Damn, grumpy.