Chapter 37: Rebound

picture of skylar

calum's cuteness has me shook

okay on with the chapter !

"Hey."

I smile weakly at Calum as I get into the car, nodding at his greeting instead of replying.

He sighs before turning on the car and I lean my head against the window as I put my headphones in as I listen to my IPod.

"All the times that it slipped my mind to mention."

I sigh at the words, wondering why I'm listening to love songs and doing this to myself but I can't stop.

"That you're the one I need and if I forgot to tell you."

I blink tears away as the words speak into my mind, leaving a trace of pain.

"I was wrong to ever doubt it and you're all I think about, yeah."

What am I doing? This just hurts but I can't stop. Maybe all I do is get myself into situations that hurt because that's all I've ever known.

"There's a million words I should've said
I remember you were standing in my doorway."

I can feel Calum glancing at me as I sniffle, but I don't care anymore. I don't care about a lot of things anymore.

"And the words were on my lips, that you never looked so beautiful, oh just to be near you, don't you know how good that feels?"

It's been a week since Cassandra's text and I haven't looked at my phone once since I left it at home. And I don't really want to look at it.

"These are all the things I should've said."

How could he do this? I thought I was enough. I thought I was doing everything right.

"Did I miss my chance? Is it too late to say?"

I guess she does always get what she wants.

"Now I'm half a world away from you, but you're always on my mind."

I wish I never met him. I wouldn't have based all my happiness on him and I wouldn't be so broken.

"There's a million words that I could've said, and you might still be mine."

What did I do wrong? I thought I made him happy too.

"And if there's someone where I used to be, I hope he tells you every day."

I guess I was wrong.

"With the million words that I should've said, I wish I could tell you, always."

Nobody stays long enough. I should've known that.

Calum taps me on the shoulder making me take my headphones out once I realize we're home.

I pocket my IPod before getting out of the car and walking up to the house.