Chapter 1

"This is never ending, we have been here before,"

Love In The Dark -Adele

Lucifer.

At first, she was drawn to his shining smile. It was smug, and confident. He held his arms to the side and turned around slowly. She was caught off guard by his striking physique. I mean she could have imagined what was under that freshly pressed suit, but she hadn't given it much thought before. But when she caught sight of his back, she was at a loss for words.

Two scars towards his shoulder blades, making their way down his back in an oval shape. She couldn't help but take a look again. He was still acting confident, and like they weren't a big deal. But just when her fingertips caught on the bumped flesh he swung around with the speed of light and grace. His hand was wrapped around her wrist with a iron grip. He looked into her eyes. "Don't," he said softly than any other word I had heard him say up to this point. His eyes fluttered to my wrist and back to me. "Please," he added, his grip loosening. I tipped my head to the side, puzzled at the man before me.

Then the scene changed. Chloe could see was Lucifer moving closer to Lindsey. The girl was curled up in a fetal position, her arms trying to shade her face. Chloe could remember looking at his face through the mirror...and not seeing Lucifer's hard jawline or sparkling eyes. Instead his pale skin was replaced with crimson burnt skin, and his eyes turned into something that could haunt Trixie's nightmares. It was in fact haunting Chloe's. She remembers being stunned, lowering her gun ever so slowly. Asking him "Who are you?" When he turned to face her...he was back to himself, but something in his face had changed. Almost like he was afraid Chloe had seen him the way he was. "What are you?" She asked again, a fear inside at what she had just seen.

Did I see him that way? Or was I hallucinating? What is wrong with him? What is wrong with me?

xxxxxxxxxx

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Wake up!"

Chloe's eyes aren't even open yet but she can feel the bed dipping down and up, shaking her from her slumber. When her eyelids do open she is greeted by the sight of her beautiful daughter Trixie. Reaching her hand out to place it on her daughters shoulder, Chloe applies pressure as a sign for her to stop rocking the bed.

"What is it sweetie?"

"Sweetie? I know she is your daughter and all but why don't I have a nickname like that?" An accented voice fills the room. Chloe shifts her gaze to see Lucifer in the doorway, one arm leaning against the frame as he crosses one of his feet over the other. He has a smile plastered om his face as Chloe bolts upright in her bed, using the sheets to cover up her ratty tee and the fact that she isn't exactly wearing any pants. What is he doing here anyway? She thought. "Or have we not gotten to know each other well enough to call each other names?"

"Believe me I have plenty of names for you, none of which I'd say in front of my daughter," she fires back at him. "Trixie, did you let him in?"

"No, I had a key made," he says before Trixie can answer.

"You what?" Shock fills her voice. There is low, and then their is a move like that. Plus something told Chloe that Lucifer having that much access wasn't a good thing.

"Kidding. But you really should find a better spot for your spare," he holds up the singular bronze key and Chloe's eyes roll back. "Under the rug is such a cliche'."