Chapter 18

"Take your eyes off of me so I can leave..." Love In The Dark -Adele

xxxxxxxxxx

Lucifer was beyond furious. This whole situation had his brothers flare all over it like a signature on a piece of art. But what Amenadiel was starting was war. The natural fire within him was growing out of control at the thought of Amenadiel fooling with something...someone...he loved so passionately. He didn't like to say this often, but Lucifer knew that Amenadiel now had hell to pay. Placing his feelings aside for a small moment Lucifer inhales to regain control of his emotions even if only temporary. "Chloe, I'd like it very much if you would stay here until I get back. I think I know how to solve your problem but I need to go consult with my brother," he explains softly.

Chloe can hear his temper in his voice. It was like a fiery undertone to his demeanor. "Why do I have to stay here? I want answers too Lucifer."

"I know," Lucifer takes Chloe over to his couch by placing his hands on her forearms and leading her. Sitting her down he makes his way to the cupboard to retrieve the first aid kit as he continues. "But my brother and I don't have the best relationship and things could get ugly. And also, not to scare you Chloe but I have seen this before. I need to know you will be somewhere safe while I am gone," Lucifer warns as he sits down on the couch, and begins digging in the red pouch.

"You have got to be kidding me," Chloe whines, throwing her head in her hands. "First you are worried I am going to be scared of you, only to have you turn around and be afraid of me."

Stopping his search immediately, Lucifer's head snapped up. His eyes stare into hers as he fiercely whispers to her. "That is not what I meant. By no means am I afraid of you. Nor will I ever be." Pulling out more gauze and a burn cream, Lucifer places the pouch and everything else it holds on the counter. Tossing aside the bloody bandages hanging off Chloe's arm, he lightly takes her wrist and glides her arm over to him.

When Lucifer slides the cream on he knows it will sting but doesn't warn Chloe anyway. Knowing would have made it worse psychologically so when Chloe flinches, Lucifer just takes a moment before continuing. "I'm worried about you Detective. And it would be great knowing you are somewhere safe while I am doing what is necessary to ensure your safety."

"What do you mean by 'what is necessary'?" Chloe asks as Lucifer caps the cream and begins to unwrap the gauze. While it hurt going on, the cream was instantly soothing. The coolness already made her feel relaxed and the bleeding ceased to continue.

"I'd go to great lengths for you Detective," Lucifer begins as he tightly but carefully wraps her arm. "Whether you would ask me to or not, I would do anything for you."

Taking the scissors, Lucifer snips the remaining and tapes it into place as silence hangs between them. Disrupting it, Chloe asks something that has been on her mind for a long time. "Why?"

"For starters," Lucifer begins while still holding her hand. "You weren't like every other girl. You challenged me in ways I never knew a woman could. You resisted me which was so perplexing and it made you so unique in my eyes. Then you put up with everything I've put you through. Including the search for my wings and then whole ordeal with Malcolm the first time. But the first time I noticed I was really starting to feel something more was when my life was at risk, even though I am immortal, you place yourself in the line of danger. That Thomas jackass did such horrible things to you and all because you were trying to protect me. I've never had anyone show me that kind of love before. This world never felt full to me. I was always so alone Chloe, you don't have any idea. I had been self-dependent for as long as I can remember. No one to trust or care for, until you came along. You erased all the doubt in my mind that I wasn't worth love.