Chapter 14

Raving as usual, LUX was wild tonight. Slithering around the crowd like snakes, Lucifer and Chloe clasped their hands together and made their way through the craziness. Bumping shoulders and other various limbs with everyone else in the club, the crowd was jumping so high it seemed like waves in an endless sea. The music pounded on but even something within Chloe was grooving with it. (AN = Copy this into Google: watch?v=5hEh9LiSzow). The bass dropped and it was more like a frenzy within the building. Lucifer's hand escaped from Chloe's and she became lost within the light and sound. Welcomed in by the crowd, there became no escape. Closing her eyes, her arms seemed to raise automatically as well as the sway in her body.

Lost describes a feeling of panic usually, but this was different. This type of lost was like a freedom being given. This loss felt like bliss within her hips, and her brain was finally clear as if nothing else mattered. This loss was like being found, with no worry within her world. She wasn't thinking about her daughter Trixie, or her ass of an ex-husband Dan, or work, or an open case, or even Lucifer. This moment was completely Chloe's.

At first Lucifer had tried to reconnect them, but the way Chloe had looked with her eyes close was something he had never really encountered with this woman. Chloe seemed to be letting go, how could he interrupt that? Lucifer figured that if only for a moment, he would leave her. Something told him he had to remind Maze of something anyway. Heading towards the bar, he still kept an eye on the girl in the tight red dress.

"If you had told me I would be seeing your pet letting loose on our dance floor four months ago, I wouldn't have believed you," Mazikeen commented, her head tilted in puzzlement. "However, this music is terrible Lucifer."

"I am aware Maze, but it is what the new crowd enjoys. Remember that conversation we had about getting young people in here? We have to compromise. Besides, I don't think it is terrible. It's just not our usual smooth jazz or rock and roll," Lucifer explains. "And yes Maze, you are quite right about the Detective."

Maze makes a sound similar to a snort as she fixes the cleavage in her revealing outfit. "You are really rubbing off on her."

"Well, I have been telling her to let loose. You know, let her hair down sort of thing. She has just been so uptight since..." Lucifer's thought trails off, momentarily transporting him back to three months ago.

"Since the accident," Maze finishes for him. "Are you still blaming yourself Lucifer?"

Lucifer's head shakes and falls slightly. "I should have known Maze, I should have been there. I should have been able to figure it out sooner."

Sighing, Mazikeen begins to try and relieve his pity party. "You got there in the nick of time, just imagine what would have happened if you didn't. Chloe is alive Lucifer, you need to move on. Stop focusing on the should and start focusing on the now."

Lucifer nods in agreement. Hoping to change the subject quickly to avoid these nasty things called emotions, he begins to ask Maze about tonight plans. "You brought dinner upstairs already?"

"And re-stocked the vodka, considering this afternoon you drank most of it," Maze mutters.

"I am nervous Maze, forgive me for being on the edge. Besides, you know it has no effect on me anyways."

With an eyebrow raise, she leans in close. "Debatable. Are you ready to go steal her away?"

"I guess I should," Lucifer hops off of his bar stool, straightening out his suit by running his hands down the fabric. "Thank You Maze. Really. You've been so helpful and considerate over these past few months."