Chapter 15

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry for the terribly long wait. I had dance as well as finals at school and could find zero time to write. However it is up now and I hope everyone is still interested in continuing and thank you for all the support you give me. It always helps. Keep commenting and voting little devils ;)

xxxxxxxxxx

The surface beneath Chloe was not only warm and soft, but also it made her feel like she was floating on a cloud. The covers around her were silky and curved to her every edge, engulfing her to give her warmth and the feeling of serenity and safety. Sliding her hand along the mattress, she feels nothing but empty space next to her. It is like every regular moment when she wakes up in her own bed.

But when Chloe's eyes open, she knows this environment isn't one she would find at her own home. Sitting straight up in the bed, she knows this feeling of mental loss is as foreign as the feelings of not knowing how many drinks she had last night. Where am I? The sheets on this bed are a burgundy red, and the flooring is a dark laminate wood. Brick and sleek walls surround her, the sun pouring through the window blinding her temporarily. This was not her home.

"Rise and shine Detective! Rise and shine!" Lucifer's voice shouts from an unseen location.

Chloe quickly pats herself down, and realizes she is only in her undergarments. Eyes scurrying, she can see her dress and heels on the floor. Her thoughts are running in twenty different directions, all of them pointing to nothing good. Patting down herself in a matter as if she has lost something, she throws the sheets to the side. When she stands the first thing Chloe sees is the master bathroom, and she makes a break for it. Slamming the door behind her, she sinks to the floor. For some odd reason, every part of her body aches. Like her muscles and bones just got back from miles of running, like her body just took a tumble in the dryer. Drawing in a breath and shuddering to push it out, Chloe tries standing again.

Just like that...the pain disappears. Using the counter to hoist herself up, Chloe becomes face to face with her bed head. "Ew, oh god why?" She exclaims poking at the thousands of stray hairs. Of all the mornings recently Chloe could fully admit to herself that this was the worst one of far.

"You know God doesn't give a shit about how bad you look this morning Chloe. However, I would love to take a peak. Can't be any worse than what I imagine Detective Douche's to look like at 5am. But if you would really like you can borrow any of my many combs from the drawer on the left. I have breakfast ready for you when you are done."

Slender fingers curling around the handle, she soundlessly slides the drawer open. Her eyebrows quirks up as she wonders what kind of man needs more than one comb, let alone the five she is looking at. Sliding a sleek black one out, she goes to work on her blonde locks. As her arm rises she finds herself drawn to the discolored lines on her abdomen. The ones put there not by choice, but by fear and a lack on control over a serious situation. The edges of her fingertips trace the lines, tickling the skin. A small gasp escapes as she finds it is still tender to the touch. The doctors warned her that because the cut was so deep and because a nerve was partially severed that this area would always hurt to some degree. Something about such a small portion of skin made her feel extremely insecure and wanting to hide.

It was while she was thinking of this that she remembered that her body was still only sporting her undergarments. With panic Chloe asks, "Um...Lucifer? Where are my clothes?"

"Don't you remember? Then again you did chug back quite a lot of booze last night, do you remember anything?" Lucifer asks, though the way he is talking makes it sound as if his mouth is full.