Chapter 2

"So, why is he here anyway?" I blurt out.

After my mom left, I pulled my dad a side and wanted to get to the bottom of this. I mean, it's been the million dollar question all night. Along with 'Who is he?' And 'Why here?' Or 'Why did you give him my room?'

"Well, Emily, I was gonna tell you sooner, but... I didn't know how soon."

"Tell me what?"

"I found someone, and I love her very much. I have a girlfriend."

At his words my heart sank. It seriously felt like my heart jumped off a cliff and was falling forever.

"T-Then what does that have to do with Axel? Why is he here?" I said.

"He's Amanda's son." My dad said in a 'duh' tone. "They are both going to be staying with us. And you are going to be on your best behavior. Am I understood?" My father said.

I nodded. "Good. Come on, dinner is ready. Go get cleaned up and ready." He said.

I followed his directions and walked upstairs to my bathroom. I went in and locked the door behind me. I walked up to the counter and pulled out my toothbrush and tooth paste. I started to brush my teeth and stared at myself in the mirror.

My long brown hair faded from brown to ombré to blonde, blonde at the ends, fell below my shoulders and past my boobs. I had brown eyes and a couple freckles along my cheeks. I wasn't ugly, but I wasn't the prettiest person ever.

I took my tooth brush out of my mouth and started to wash it off. I put that away and brushed my hair. I combed it into a bun and put in a hair tie. I was finished and placed my hands on the bathroom counter.

I felt tears stream down my face. I understand that my parents don't love each other anymore, but it still hurts. Seeing your dad and mom not get along, your dad dating someone else. Why? Why me? Why my family? I know it sound selfish, but you know what, I don't care. All I've ever wanted was a happy family.

Girlfriend. Girlfriend. No, He-He can't. Please. No.

Knock Knock

Oh god...

"What?" I said, trying not to sound like I've been crying.

"Emily?" It defiantly wasn't my dad. Axel.

"Yes, what do you want?" I said more like a statement more than a question, with a sniffle or two.

"I have to get ready for dinner. Are you crying?" He asked knocking on the door again.

"No. Just go away. Please." I pleaded.

"Emily, get out of there." He said in a deep commanding tone. When I didn't budge, he continued to bang on the door and call my name. After like the twentieth knock, I opened the door.

Axel stood there about a foot or two taller than me. He looked down at me with no emotion in his eyes or in his body language. "Why are you crying?" He said with not a hint of emotion. Was he a robot or something? I have no clue.

"My dad is now dating someone other than my mom. I don't live with my dad and mom together anymore. I think I'm allowed to shed a tear or two, but thanks though for the concern." I said with sarcasm laced in my voice.

"Look. I know how you feel. Remember my dad and mom aren't together anymore. But you don't see me crying about it. You are going to just smile and bare with it, because trust me it will get better." I think somewhere in there was good advise.

I nodded my head and went back into the bathroom. I grabbed a tissue and stepped out. Axel headed in and almost closed the door, but I stopped him.

"You should probably head back. Your dad's wondering where you are." I said.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem." He said before he closed the door.

I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. My dad sat at the end of the table and Axel's mom sat in front of me. Finally, Axel walked down stairs and joined us for dinner. He sat down at the other side of the table, across from my father.

Axel's mom, Amanda I guess her name is, has a great figure, reddish brownish hair with hazel eyes.

Amanda announced that tonight's dinner would be spaghetti and meatballs with a salad. I of course, being me, grabbed the biggest meatball and dug in. This obviously wasn't my father's cooking, because it was actually good. Like really good. Before my parents got divorced, my mom always cooked for my dad. So when she had to work late at the hospital, we would order in or eat left overs.

"Oh my god, Amanda. This is so good." I said, almost melting in my chair.

She wore a proud smile. "Well I'm glad you like it. I heard that spaghetti is in your top five favorite meals, so I made it special just for you."

"Oh. Wow, uh, thanks." I said, shocked by her answer. "Maybe you can give my dad cooking lessons. He needs them." I whispered to her. She giggled at my comment.

"I'm right here you know, not deaf." He stated. That only made me and Amanda giggled more.

After dinner was all done, I offered to clean up the dishes. No one obliged, of course. So that only took me a could minutes to do. Then I went to the living room to watch my favorite show- The Vampire Diaries.

I let out a groan when I saw Axel on the couch already watching something. I went around the couch and to the front of him, blocking the television. His gaze didn't move, yet he responded "Can I help you with something."

"My show is on. I need the remote." I said, holding out my hand, thinking he would just hand the remote over.

"Sorry Sweet Cheeks, I got here first, so we watch what I want." He stated.

"But it's my house." I said in a whinny tone.

"Yet you volunteered to do the dishes." Touché.

I sighed heavily and sat on the couch. Axel was watching a show called Orange is the New Black. I was really wanting to see some Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley. Note to self- don't do the dishes.