Chapter 10

After purchasing my dress, Sarah suggested that we stay at the mall a little while longer since we weren't going back to school.

We found a little restaurant in the middle of the mall called Route 59. It's a on the road theme restaurant. The waitress lead us to our booth and handed us our menus.

I sat in the right seating area and Caitlyn and Sarah sat on the left, facing the window, while I faced the other booths.

"Hello, my names is Jackie, I will be your waiter today. Can I get you something to drink." A young lady, maybe 17, came up to us with a pencil and a notepad.

I ordered a Shirley Temple, Sarah got a Coke, and Caitlyn got a water with lemon. With a smile she walked away and we began to discuss anything that came up.

"So I was thinking we could go the beach after here. Maybe San Carlos? That's where the starfish are." Caitlyn suggested.

Sarah and I agreed. Caitlyn always had a thing for the beach. And starfish. I don't blame her but she is always suggesting to go to the beach.

"Yeah, sounds like fun! Whoo Hoo! Yay!" A manly voice spoke in a high girl voice from the left of me. I turned my head and felt my heart stop.

Axel.

I felt a wave of emotions come over me. Joy. Confusion. Anger. Nervousness. Fear. You name it. Why did I feel joy, though?

I felt this whenever he was around, I don't know why. Even when I was pissed at him, deep inside me I was happy to just see him.

He scooted me over and sat next to me, feeling a little squished. I stared up at him as he stared down at me.

"How did you find us?" I asked him.

"I have my ways. Did you know Dominick will sing like a bird just for a Snickers? All I had to do was ask him where you were and he told me." He said with a sinister smirk.

"How did he know where he was?" I asked. I took a second then my face fell. I turned my head to Sarah. She wore an awkward smile and placed her hands in her lap. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Okay, so I maybe might have told Dominick where we went. But I didn't know he would blab to Axel!" She said holding up her hands in surrender.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to Axel. "You know if you keep rolling your eyes like that, they're going to get stuck like that." He said. He held my right cheek in his hand. I smiled a sinister smile and rolled my eyes again, just to mess with him.

His smirk deepened at this. The waitress comes back with our drinks and gives them to each of us. She looks at Axel and suddenly becomes (more like try's to be) flirtatious.

"Hello, what would you like to drink sir?" She said in a seductive manor.

"Just a water please." He said with absolutely no interest in his voice. This made me smile, just a little.

She walked away and came back with a water. Handing it to Axel, she then pulled out her notebook and asked for our order. I ordered chicken wings without the bone (I didn't feel like cleaning my fingers), Sarah ordered Mac n Cheese, Caitlyn ordered a house salad, and Axel ordered a burger with no garden.

I gave Axel a questioning look when she left. He noticed this and gave me a puzzled look.

"What?" He asked.

"Why didn't you get any garden on your burger, you going to get fat." I said.

Axel pulled up his shirt and stared at me as I stared at his stomach. "I think I'm good. What about you Sarah? Caitlyn?" He said. They didn't say anything, Axel now had a smirk spread across his lips.

"Emily?" He said in a more knowing tone. I looked at it in awe. Man, it was pretty hot. But I couldn't let him know that.

"Eh. It's fine. But that burger is going to mess you up." I said, Axel's smirk moved to mine as he gave me a scowl.

"Admit it. You love me." He said. I rolled my eyes. Axel grabbed my face and pulled me close to his face. My breath hitched in my throat as I stared at him. "Don't roll your eyes." He said steadily but demanding.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words protruded from my lips. When I was around him I seem to freeze. Around him I was his doll, his puppet, that he could control without any means of force. And I hated that.

He let me go with a victorious smirk. I crossed my arms and puffed out air, sinking in my seat. Axel said he had to use it, his words not mine, and got up to go to the bathroom.

The waitress came back with our lunch. She placed them down one by one and asked us if we needed anything else. We said no and she left.

I punctured one of my boneless chicken wings with my fork and ate it. I let out a moan eating the food. It was just so good. Believe me, I would marry food if I could. But then I would probably be cheating on food with my bed, since I sleep with it ever night.

Axel came back, making me scoot back over in my original spot. As we are our lunch, no one uttered a word. It was awkward.

When we finished the waitress gave us our bill and I offered to pay for our meal. But Axel stopped me and pulled out his wallet. It seemed that I don't need a wallet if everyone's just going to pay for my stuff.

We got up and walked to the front. Before we left, the waitress called out to Axel. She gave him a piece of paper with writing on it, then gave him a wink and left.

He opened it, I snuck a peak, revealing the waitress's number. He looked back at the waitress and walked out, with me following.

To my surprise he crumpled the paper up and threw it behind him. I smiled to myself.