Chapter 28

~Three days later~

Saturday. The best day of the week. The day when you have no responsibilities, don't have to go anywhere, or you don't have to do anything. But this Saturday was going to be different.

I looked over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone. It was nine am. I also noticed a piece of paper folded on my table. On it, it read To Emily. I opened the letter and read it.

Dear Sweet Cheeks,

I hope you are ready for today. We have planned something very special for your special day, but you are going to have to wait. For now, you must go on a scavenger hunt. There a clues everywhere for you to discover, you just have to be open minded about them.

So go down stares and enjoy your meal, because your big deal is such a big deal.
You must go to the place where we first met, but don't fret.
You will see me and everyone soon, around one in the afternoon.
I want you to know that I love you so, now it is time for you to go.

Love, Axel.

I sat up in my bed and smiled to myself. All of my friends said that hey had planed something special for my birthday, but it was all going to be a surprise.

I jumped off my bed and ended up kicking something. On my floor sat a box with another note.

P.S.
At every note I placed a present, for each memory we shared. Your first gift is the core of all the other gifts, so don't lose it.

I furrowed my brows at the note. The core? What does that mean?

I picked up the small red box and shook it a little. Whatever was in it was metal, like jewelry. I opened the box and let out a happy gasp. I felt like a normal girl getting a pair of cute shoes, but I'm not a normal girl, so I don't normally gasp for stuff like this.

In the tiny box sat a charm bracelet. There was already one charm, the first one was gold heart that had the word 'Emily' written in it. I picked up the silver colored bracelet and hooked it around my wrist, it fit perfectly. I watched the tiny heart dangly from the metal chain and smiled.

Walking to my closet I opened the door and placed my hands on my hips. I had to pick out something perfect, something nice yet makes me look good.

I ended up picking out a lace white crop top with a pink skirt. I laced on white converse shoes and pick on a jean jacket. To finish it off I churned my hair in loose beach curls and put on light mascara with chapstick.

Running down stairs I found myself stopping. Something smelled really good, which was weird at my mom's house. I walked into the kitchen and fell my mouth water at the sight. On the counter sat the biggest stack of pancakes I have ever seen, topped with syrup and a slice of butter. Scarfing that down I left my house and proceeded to my second clue.

I walked up the steps of my father's house and knocked on the door. Amanda opened the door with a warm smile. "Happy birthday Emily! How old are you?" She asked, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Eighteen." I said with the last of my breath. Man, this girl sure was strong.

"Wow, your getting old!" She said letting me go. We both laughed at that. "So what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Axel left me presents around town with clues to go with them, the second present is here." I explained.

"A scavenger hunt!? Awe how cute, sure come in." She said in love with this whole thing.

I walked in and went straight up stairs. I went into my bedroom and found another tiny box on my bed. This box was blue instead of red, a note sat next to it like the other box. Picking up the note I read it.

Dear Sweet Cheeks,

I hope you enjoyed your stack of pancakes this morning, your mom told me how much you loved them on your birthday. As I said for every present there is a memory attached to one charm. The heart is for the day you stole my heart when we first met. The next one is for the day I heard your beautiful singing voice.-

I opened the box and found another charm. It was a tiny sliver sparkly music note. Now I knew that every present was just going to be another charm. I attached it to my bracket and continued to read his note to me.

-I am still wondering, constantly pondering.
Asking myself how I ended up with you? The girl that made me new.
The girl that changed the bad boy, like her own personal Barbie toy.
You are so special to me, so go to the place where you and I became we.

I looked up and smiled. I knew exactly where he wanted me to go.

I placed the note on the bed and ran out of my room.

I ran down stairs and found Amanda standing by the door. She held up her keys and smiled. "Are you ready to go?" She asked.

I gave her my best puzzled face. "What are you talking about?"

"Did you really think Axel didn't tell us what he was doing. He told me I need to drive you to your next gift, but you have to tell me once you figure it out." She explained.

"Oh. Um... I have to go to the carnival." I told her. She nodded and we walked to the car. We got in and she put on the radio. Hollaback girl came on and Amanda began to 'bust a move' as she drove. She looked like she was having fun, so I shrugged and began to sing with her.

"I ain't no Hollaback girl! I ain't no Hollaback girl!" We screamed or as we called it sang the song.

We arrived at the carnival in less than ten minutes. Amanda parked the car in the grass and I got out.

"Good luck, Emily! I'll see you later!" Amanda said once I was out of the car.

"Wait how am I suppose to go anywhere?" I asked.

"There is someone there waiting for you. Don't worry, Axel has this all planned out." She said with a wink. Then she drove away and disappeared from eyesight.