Chapter 23

"So, how have you been?" He asked with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I said wanting him to get to the point and leave. He managed to ruin my life in one day, can you expect me to want him to leave?

"I just wanted to see my favorite girl." He went to grab my chin but I smacked his hand away.

"What are you really doing here, Julian?"

"Oh, feisty today are we?" He smirked and I narrowed my eyes. "If you must know, I'm keeping tabs on you to see if you fulfilled on our deal."

"Your stalking me?!" I exclaimed.

"No... I'm just keeping tabs on your every move and where you go every minute of everyday."

"That's stalking smart one." I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"It's called identifying, kitten. So, why are you running?" He questioned. I felt my heart drop.

Axel. He was still looking for me. He can't see Julian here or he will find out and Julian will kill him.

"Some girl at my school. No big deal." I lied. It's wasn't really a lie, but it still wasn't the truth.

"Oh. Okay, Emily. I have to go, but for now, I'll be watching you." He grinned and walked away around the corner.

I let out a sigh and laid my back against the cool wall. I was ready to tell Axel, but now I'm not so sure. If Julian is stalking me, then I need to be more careful.

I turned to walk back to the cafeteria, but life had other plans. Axel stood around the corner and he was tense.

"Why were you talking to him?" He asked. His fists were changing colors, from red to blue to purple.

I couldn't tell him yet, I didn't know where Julian was and he could spring on to Axel faster than you can say acknowledgment.

"Axel. I-" I began but snaked my mouth shut. I can't tell him about my deal with him and I can't say anything else or it would make it worse.

"What Emily? What were you doing with Julian?" He hissed. I remained silent and found Axel clutching his hand out my wrist, tight.

"I'm going to ask you one more time Emily. What were you doing with Julian?" He squeezed even tighter, making me wince in pain. My legs felt weak and I could feel myself going lower to the ground.

"Axel- your hurting me." I managed to get out as he squeezed the blood circulation out of my hand.

"Answer me, Emily." He watched me as I dropped to my knees in pain.

"Axel. Nothing happened! I swear!" I yelled at him, tears now streaming down my face. "Let go of me! Your hurting me!"

"I'll kill him. He's dead. He has you brain washed." He tried to reassure himself. He kept me pinned to the floor a little longer, not realizing how much pain I was in.

"Axel. Let go of me!" I finally screamed with pain and angry laced in my voice. His head shot down at my aching body.

He slowly replaced my wrist and I grabbed it with my spare hand. I let out fast heavy breaths, maybe from fear or nervousness.

I looked up at him, my face emotionless. "Go." Axel looked taken aback.

"What?" He said, no louder than a whisper, but I heard him just fine.

"I said go! I told you the truth, but you didn't believe me and hurt my wrist!" I said. I struggled to stand with one hand as I let my other hand dangle from my side.

"Em-" he began. I didn't dare let him finish.

"Leave! Now!" I cried.

"No." He stated.

I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms. He copied my actions, doing exactly as I did.

I heard a new voice fill my ears. Both me and Axel looked towards the corner of the cafeteria to see Harley walking over. Her high heels clicking with ever step she took, walking as if she was trying to be a runway model.

She walked over to Axel and snaked her arm around his shoulders. "What's going on here?" She hissed at me, trying to act sweet but came out like how she always sounded.

"Absolutely nothing. Don't worry, Harley. He's all yours." I said. And with that I turned on my heel and walked away from them. Nor Axel or Harley uttered a word for me.

Walking back inside the cafeteria I found Sarah, Caitlyn, Ryan, and Dominick staring at me wide eyed and concerned.

I basically stomped over to them and sat down. I let out a huff and began to eat my food. I didn't know if they were scared of me or nervous to say, but no one said anything.

It was like they were walking on egg shells around me.

"Uh- Em- you okay?" Sarah said quietly.

"Yes. I'm just peachy." I said with a sarcastic tone and a mean face smile on my face, that immediately dropped. I looked back down at my food.

"What happened out there?" Dominick asked. "Where's Axel?"

I looked up at him. "Axel Braxton is dead to me. Don't mention his name ever again." I threatened.

"Are you okay?" Caitlyn asked.

I think rolled my head to her. "What is this a questionnaire? I don't need to sit here and listen to you question my life." I stood up and grabbed my tray.

"Emily-" Ryan now started before I slammed my tray down on the cafeteria table. Everyone in the lunch room grew silent.

"Emily is gone." I walked out of the lunchroom and down the hallway.

I walked for what seemed like forever and made it to the rest room.

"Wow. Never thought you could be like that Emily." Someone said behind me.

"Be like what?" I slowly turned my head at his statement.

"A bad girl." He smirked at me, eyeing me up and down.

I crossed my arms and smirked at him. I walked up to him and felt his breath in my face.

"I guess life just full of wrong choices." I said kissing Walter.