Chapter 5

~Two days later~

I walked inside of the school on Wednesday morning and went to my locker. Mine and Axel's lockers just happened to be almost right across from each other.

After I grabbed my books and other paper work that I most likely didn't do, I walked to my first/ second period class.

I arrived to class and took my seat. The whole class was so incredibly boring. A lot of paperwork, math problems, all leading to receiving... You guessed it! 20 pages of homework, due by Monday. What fun! Note sarcasm.

Next I had History with Mrs. Wilson. She was a short woman for her age, about 27 years old, she stood at 5'2. Her black hair had been cut to pixie-cut hair style. She had dark green eyes and always wore the same style clothes- a wool sweater with boot cut jeans. She also wasn't quite as loud as other teachers, but she can be mean and confident when she wants to be.

When I walked into class, I was shocked to see Ryan Donavon siting in his usual spot. He didn't notice me yet, so I decided to have a little fun.

I walked around the desks in the classroom, and behind his desk. I was about to scare him, when he said something.

"I wouldn't if I were you." He said with a smirk.

I crossed my arms and pouted. "You always ruin my fun." I said with the stomp of my foot. I walked around to my seat in the classroom and pulled out my text book.

Mrs. Wilson walked into the classroom and sat at her desk. "Alright class, begin to Read pages 176-180 and solve problems 1-12." I let out a groan and began to work.

I began to work in my notebook. The classroom was incredibly quiet. Usually everyone would be talking and the teacher would freak out on us and tell us to 'shut up or we are going to the principle's office.'

Why was everyone so quiet? I mentally asked myself.

I looked around the room and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I noticed a couple girls staring at something. All of the girls were staring out the window from their seats.

Big surprise. Out side the window rode Axel on his motorcycle. He parked his bike and grabbed his bag, then ran inside the building.

I woke up this morning with only my dad's girlfriend awake. I tried to wake up Axel, but it ended with me falling on my butt. So I gave up and went to school. Hey, at least I tried.

After he walked into the school, about 20 minutes later, the one and only Axel walked into the classroom. He observed the classroom, smirking at the girls swooning over him.

"Mr. Braxton. Your late." The Mrs. Wilson stated.

"And I should care why?" He remarked.

"Well you should care if you don't want detention." She said, anger in her tone.

"Whatever." He grumbled. He walked over to his seat in the back of the class in the corner.

Ryan leaned forward, closer to my ear, and whispered, "What crawled up in his pants?" This made me smirk.

I turned my head to him so he could hear me better. "He's always like that." I whispered back to him.

"Okay class, if there's no more interruptions." The teacher said, eyeing Axel. "Then lets continue with our book work. Shall we?" She said with a fake smile and sat down, her smile disappearing and pulling out her phone, Probably playing Candy Crush.

"Pssst."

Ignore.

"Pssst."

Ignore.

"Em. Pssst."

I turned around to face him. "What?" I hissed. I stared at his black eyes and his reddish- black hair, that fell over his eyes slightly.

"Did you get number 3?" He said with a smile.

I let out a groan and turned away from him, getting back to my work.

12. What is a War Hawk? Name two War Hawks.

A War Hawk is a person who wants to go to war; Henry Clay & John C. Calhoun.

"Alright class. Put away your textbooks and turn in the work you have so far. I hope you studied for today's test." Mrs. Wilson said. "Everyone take out a pencil or pen and a piece of paper. You are going to write your answers on the piece of paper and the packet is just to read the questions and answers. So do NOT write on the packet."

The packets were pasted down the rows and I passed one behind me to Ryan.

"Alright everyone, you have 40 minutes to complete the test. When you are done, you may leave. Turn in your paper to my desk and leave quietly. Everyone begin." Mrs. Wilson said, returning to Candy Crush.

"Pssst."

"Go away Ryan." I gritted through my teeth.

"But I need you." He whined.

"Shut up, I'm trying to work." I growled at him.

"Please. It's important." He pleaded.

I turned around again. My eyes narrowed at him. "What?" I screamed quietly.

"What does the word... Abolitionist mean?" He said, with a cute 5 year old smile. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Mrs. James and Mr. Donavon, I don't except cheating in my classroom. See me after school for detention."

I stood up from my seat. "But that not fair! I wasn't even-" I began to complain.

"Would you like to make it a week, Mrs. James?" She said in a warning tone.

"No ma'am." I groaned and sat back down, finishing my test.

About 10 minutes later 3 students have finished their test and left the room. I noticed Axel get up and go to her desk, but he was hair asking for help.

"Can you help me on number 20?" He asked.

"No. Go sit down." She said in a stern voice.

He muttered something under his breath and sat down. I returned to my test. I only had 5 questions left.

Suddenly the phone began to ring. Mrs. Wilson picked it up and muttered some words back to the caller. She hung up the phone.

"Excuse me class I will be right back." She said standing up and walking out.

Again Axel stood up and walked to her desk, but this time he was behind her desk... With a bottle of glue. He poured the most of the bottle of glue on her chair and the rest on her favorite mug and pens.

She quickly ran back to his chair and sat down, right on time for Mrs. Wilson to come back in. With out suspecting anything, she sat down and tried to get up again.

"What the-" she started. "Who did this?!" She screamed across the room.

A quiet nerd pointed to Axel, causing Axel to send him death glares. "You little-" he began but was interrupted.

"Axel! You have detention for a week! Go to ISS!" She wailed.

He groaned and stood up. He looked at the nerd for a while then flipped his desk over. The nerd looked shocked and scared at the same time.

"Tattle tales don't get anywhere here. Next time you rat me out, I won't be so gentle." He hissed at him. Axel grabbed his test and backpack.

"You just made it two weeks!" Mrs. Wilson screamed at Axel as he walked out the classroom. Axel was already out the door when he shouted back at Mrs. Wilson.

"Bite me!"