Chapter 21

There was no point. No point of getting out of bed. No point of eating or drinking. No point of going to school. Not without him.

Today is some day of the weekend, I think Saturday, I don't know. It's been two days since I broke up with Axel and I haven't left my bed except to go to the bathroom, even then there was nothing.

My mom would bring me food, but I would only have a nibble or two at most and a sip of whatever drink she brought me.

All I mainly did was sleep, wake up, and repeat. I didn't bother to check my phone when it went off. I knew it was Sarah and Caitlyn trying to get a hold of me. It might even be Dominick and Ryan trying to talk to me or see where I am.

But I didn't care. All I could do was wallow in my sadness about my breakup with Axel.

The entire scene of our breakup replayed in my head over and over again. Every movement. Every word. Every expression. Everything.

I soft knock could be heard at my door. I laid with my whole body under the covers and facing the opposite direction.

"Em? Emily? You in here?" A voice called from the other side of the door. I didn't answer.

"Emily, if you don't open this door we are going to break it down." Another voice said. It wasn't locked so I don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I soon heard the door click and open slowly. Footsteps approach the bed and felt the bed dip at the bottom. "Emily? Are you okay?" I knew that voice. Sarah.

"No." I said in a groggy voice, sore from crying and not speaking for the past two days.

"Emily. Come out of there." This time it was Caitlyn.

I shook my head but felt the blacker being pulled off my body. I tried to pull it back, but I was too weak from not eating or moving from my bed that much.

"Oh Emily. You look terrible." Caitlyn said.

"Thanks." I said with no emotion.

"Whoa! What died in there?!" Sarah said. They both held their hand over their noses.

"Me. I died in there." I stated.

"What happened? We tried asking Axel, but all he said was 'Me and Emily are done'." Sarah explained.

I let out a sad sigh. "I broke up with Axel." I stated bluntly.

"Yea, I think we are past that. What actually happened." Sarah said in a sarcastic tone.

I let out a sigh. "I can't tell you guys. It's too bad." I said with tears streaming down my face.

Sarah and Caitlyn looked at each other. "Emily. Whatever it is, we will get through it together. That is was friends do. No matter how bad, we will never leave you." Caitlyn said.

"Yea, besides, we have to pay you back for all the times you helped us out." Sarah said with a smile.

I chuckled. "Yes, I do do that don't I." I smiled, it felt weird. I feel like I haven't smiled in twenty years.

"Guys... I messed up. Big time." I said shaking my head and crying. Sarah and Caitlyn pulled me into a hug and comforted me. "I miss him so much. I-"

"Emily. Take a deep breath," I took in a deep breath. "And let it out," I let it out. "Now tell us what happened." So I explained everything. I told them about Axel taking me to the fair, about me tell him I love him, then my uncounted with Julian and that I have to break up with him or he would kill all of the people I love.

Sarah and Caitlyn looked so shocked, they didn't even utter a single word.

"Guys, I'm so sorry I got you into this. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." I said.

"Em, it's not your fault. It's not your fault he threaten you and everyone else. He's just a bad person." Sarah said, trying to make me feel better.

"So are you going back to school on Monday?" Caitlyn asked.

"Yes. I have missed so much, I have to go back. But I don't know if I can face Axel. If I do, he will probably just be mad at me or Julian will find out and kill one of you. If I don't, I will hate myself and Axel might never speak to me again." I asked them.

"Emily. This is your decision. We can't control your life like a puppet. Just don't be afraid of anything, nothing is going to happen to any of us." Caitlyn advised.

Then Sarah's eyes widened. She whispered something in Caitlyn's ear and her eyes widened too. They looked at each other with fear and sadness in their eyes.

"What?" I asked, nervous to know what was going on.

"Emily... Part of the reason we wanted to come over here was because we wanted to know what happened between you two. That other part was because we needed to tell you something, and I don't know how your going to feel about it." They explained.

"What happened?" I was now officially worried.

"Axel... He... We saw him... He was kissing another girl. He is dating someone else." Sarah tried to explain in the best way.

"What... Why- why is he-" I asked, frantic for answers.

"Emily. It doesn't really matter about How or why. But who. Em I'm so sorry..." Sarah said.

"Who is he dating?" I asked with a hard time. My teeth were clinched together. "Who is Axel dating?!" I screamed at them.

"Harley."

I felt my heart drop and crash on to the bottom of my stomach, breaking into a million pieces. I felt tears roll down my cheeks but I quickly whipped them away and stared straight at the wall. I met no one's eye contact and just stared straight past them.

"I need to fix this."