Chapter 33

It been 3 hours since my freak out in the waiting room. Emily has gotten her CAT scan done in about 20 minutes, but won't tell us anything further. She had gotten an MRI scan and has been in there for 2 hours.

Now she is resting, and I want nothing more than to see her. To be next to her. To feel her hand in my hand. For her to look at me and give me just one more smile. Emily is my everything and I'm not ready to lose her, not not now or ever.

I spent the next couple of hours playing on my phone, sleeping, talking to my friends and family, or going through pictures of me and Emily. That was basically the only pictures I had on my phone, I didn't see the reason to take selfies and post them on a website for people to judge you. The only online social media I had was probably Facebook, I never really use it though.

The first picture was when Emily told me she loved me. She sat on my left and I had my arm rapped around her. She held up a peace sign and stuck out her tongue, while she closed her eyes. I kissed her cheek, catching her off guard after I took the picture.

The next picture was right after that. We stared at each other for a while, no one moving. Then Emily crashed on to my lips, surprising me. That's when I took the picture, so I still had my eyes open when she had hers closed and kissed me.

The third one is the night of her birthday. The sun was setting and I asked Sarah to take a picture of us. As the sun set, the light hit her face perfectly, she smiled the entire time. I smiled back at her, that's when Sarah took the picture.

I have so many more, but those are my favorites. Now that I think about it, I don't really have favorites, just the best memories. After looking at my phone for a while, I got bored and eventually fell asleep.

* * *

I woke up it was morning, I woke up to find everyone still here. Dominick was asleep and Ryan played on his phone. Caitlyn and Sarah talked about random stuff. My mother was reading a book on dogs or something and Emily's parents were very tense, hold hands very tightly.

I checked the date a found it was Tuesday morning. I woke up a couple times through out Monday, but it was only to go to the restroom or get some food.

Caitlyn slowly stood up, probably sore from sitting for so long. I wouldn't blame her.

She began to make her way over to me. She stopped in front of me and crouched down.

"Hey. How are you holding up?" She asked, with a tired sympathetic smile.

I let out a sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I'm holding up. I just really want to see Emily." I replied honestly.

"Well, Sarah isn't doing too well just sitting here. Same for Ryan and Dominick. I'm going to take them home so they can get proper food and rest. Do you want to come with us? Emily's father already said that he will contact us when she wakes up." Caitlyn explained.

I understand, that she wanted to go home. She and everyone one else are probably tired and want to eat real food. But I couldn't leave until Emily was awake.

"I think I'm gonna stay. I need to be here for Emily." I said.

Caitlyn smiled. "I never mentioned this, but I'm really glad Emily has you."

I smiled with no teeth. "I love her. I'm not leaving her, ever." I said seriously.

"I know. If you want, I can bring you some dinner if you don't want to eat here again?" Caitlyn shrugged.

"Thanks. Just a salad or anything is good." I told her.

She stood up straight and wiped her pants. "Okay. I'll see what I can find. Call me if anything happens?"

"Of course." I said and she nodded. "And Caitlyn-" I called for her.

She turned around and gave me a puzzled look. "Emily is really lucky to have you." She gave me a smile and walked over to Ryan, Dominick, and Sarah. I watched as they exited the hospital.

I took in a deep breath and placed my head on the wall. I decided to open my phone up and listen to some music. Opening up my music and put it on shuffle.

The song Drops of Jupiter by Train came on and I relaxed a little, listening to the lyrics. The beginning piano solo played for a couple seconds then the lead singer began to sing.

Now that she's back in the atmosphere with drops of Jupiter in her hair. She acts like Summer and walks like Rain. Reminds me that there's a time to change. Aye, aye, aye, aye.

Since the return of her stay on the Moon. She listens like Spring and she talks like June. Aye, aye, aye, aye.

Tell me, did you sail across the sun? Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded? And that heaven is over rated.

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star? One without a per intake scar? And did you miss me while looking for yourself out there?

I began to cry slightly. This song made me think so much of Emily. It made me think of the moment we became boyfriend and girlfriend to the moment we broke up. The day we first met to the day I might lose her forever.

Without Emily I was nothing. She is the sun to my summer. The peanut butter to my jelly. The straw to my berry. I could go on and on, but I won't.

And did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day?

And did you fall for a shooting star, fall for a shooting star?

And now you're lonely looking for yourself out there.

With the final words of the song, I wiped away the last of my tears. I began to get tired and let the relief of sleep take over me.