Chapter 20

"What did you just say?" Axel said, looking a little star struck.

"Who me? I didn't say anything." I joked with him.

"No, you definitely said something." He said. Did he really not hear me or did he just want me to say it again?

"Axel. I love you." I said. I held Axel's hands and stared straight at him.

Axel smiled at me. He moved his hand to under my hair and holding my head from the back. We both leaned forwarded and kissed. I rapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer to him. I felt his hand trail up my stomach.

"Um... Sir? Ma'am?" I female voice called us. We stopped kissing and both our heads shot to the voice. A high school girl stood awkwardly at us and shifted from foot to foot. "The ride is over."

I blushed and stood up. Axel stood up and got out first, then he helped me out. We walked away and to the front of fair.

"Hey, I'm gonna use the restroom, I'll be right back." Axel said. I nodded my head and watched him walk away. I looked around and found a nice bench to sit down at.

I sat and laid my head back and felt the rays of sun dance across my face. I let out a sigh, as it felt good in the cool breeze of the mid day.

"Fancy seeing you here, kitten." My head shot up and my relaxation was no longer there, only high alert.

"Julian." I said, as cold as I could.

"Hello Emily." His lips wore a friendly smile. For some reason it made the hairs on my neck stand up.

"What do you want?" I hissed. Standing up and turned to face him, crossing my arms.

"I don't want you seeing Axel anymore." He told me straight to the point.

"Why?" I shrugged in and angry tone.

"Because you two are getting too close." I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'll get straight to the point with you. If you don't breakup with him and stay away from him, then I will kill everyone you love. Including Axel. But if you tell him, I will find out and I will kill your friends and family, one by one."

"Are you threatening me?" I asked.

He shrugged in a lazy manner. "Maybe I am, or maybe I'm just warning you." He walked up to my ear and whispered, "it's your choice." That sent a shiver down my spine.

"See you soon, kitten. And remember, not a word." And with that he was gone and left me disoriented.

I sat back on the bench and tried to collect myself. I finally told Axel I love him and now I have to leave him. Why does the world hate me?

If I did breakup with Axel, I would ruin everything we have built together, destroy our friendship. If I didn't breakup with Axel, I would lose everyone I love. My mom, my dad, Axel's mom, Sarah, Caitlyn, Dominick, Ryan, and Axel. Either way, I lose and Julian wins.

After a good five minutes after Julian left, Axel came back and saw my sad tone. He walked up to me and kneeled before me. "Baby, what's wrong?" I couldn't hold it in anymore, I began to sob.

"Axel... I- we-" I tried to get it out, but it hurt too damn much. I love him so much, I just can't let him go.

"Emily. What's wrong?" He said stroking my hand with his thumb.

"We- we have to break up." Axel's face fell.

"What? Why?" His voice was hard but quiet.

"I can't tell you. But please, we can't be together." I continued to sob.

"Damn... Emily." He said, he held his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry. Goodbye Axel." I said, I walked away and I was out of the front gates.

"How are you going to get back?" He called out.

I didn't answer, it hurt too much. I just decided to walk back to school. I didn't know where I was, but I could honestly care less.

I walked across the field of grass and past all of the parked cars. I found the main road and walked along the side of it. I heard a engine purr as it came closer to me.

"Emily. Come on. This is stupid, just get on the bike." Axel said as he drove slow next to me.

I didn't answer, I just kept my head low. "Emily." He was about to start when cars started to pile up behind him and honk at him. He gave them the middle finger and pulled over. I kept walking down the side of the road as Axel got off his bike.

"Emily!" He called. I felt a hand grip my wrist and pull me to a stop. "Emily. What is going on?" He asked.

There was only one way to stop. To make him stop. For him to let me go. But it would ruin everything and it would break me.

"Don't you get it?" I snapped my head to him, he looked taken aback. "I don't want to be with you. I never have and I never will. I hate you, Axel Braxton." I said. Watching his reaction literally broke my heart into two and then shredded it into a million pieces.

His hand released my wrist. He just stared at me with a confused yet hard expression. "What about on the Ferris wheel? When you said you loved me?" He asked, a hint of hurt in his voice.

"I lied." I said bluntly.

His eyes widen then his expression was emotionless. He nodded slowly and walked back to him bike. He put on his helmet and drove back on the road. Then he disappeared down the road. His figure fading from my eyesight.

As I watched him go, I felt myself breaking. I slumped to the side of the road and began to bawl my eyes out again.

What did I just do?