Chapter 37

I walked into school the next morning with no one uttering a word to me. Everyone was acting really weird and kind of freaking me out.

Sarah and Caitlyn wore stupid grind on their faces, but when I asked them why they were smiling, they would just act dumb and pretend they didn't know what I was talking about.

Ryan and Dominick were no help either. When I asked them about Axel or why everyone was acting strange today, they completely avoided the subject.

To top it all off, I haven't seen Axel all day! He wasn't home or at school. They only notification I got from him was a note on my nightstand saying good morning and that he was sorry he wasn't there when I woke up. I was starting to get kinda worried. What could be happening that none of my friends could tell me?

I walked into the cafeteria, with a grin on my face, expecting to see the gang sitting in our usual spot. To my disappointment, no one was there. I let out a sad sigh and sat down at our table. Maybe they were just running late? I had to keep telling myself this for at least ten minutes before I had to accept that I was alone.

I didn't really feel like being in the cafeteria right now, so I threw away the rest of the lunch I didn't want want and walked outside. I walked through the area of picnic tables and past the gym. I found myself walking to the field behind the school, where they held football and soccer games.

I climbed up the bleachers and found a seat at the very top. There wasn't much to look at, it was just a school. A building that everyone hated. To be honest, I was really going to miss this place when we graduate. I know in the future I would miss being young and going to school instead of going to work everyday when I am an adult.

I let out a sigh and stared off into the distance. I checked my phone a couple times to see if anyone texted, not one single person did every time I picked up my phone.

The first bell rang, signaling us lunch was over and to go to our last class of the day. I let out a sigh and picked up my back pack. Slinging it over my shoulder I carefully walked down the bleachers, trying not to trip over anything.

Walking back to the inside of the school, I made my way to the gym for gym class. I walked into the girl's locker rooms and head to my locker.

I put in the combination and struggled to open the door, because of all the years being at this school, the doors have gotten pretty old and rusty.

I don't have any of my friends in this class except for Axel, but shocking, he's not here. If you didn't already know, that was sarcasm.

After about five minutes of changing to everyone gossiping about couples and shoes and whatever these girls do. I laced up my black and white Roshes and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at my grey gym shirt that has been tied to the back (because they didn't have a smaller size) and my black tight, yet stretchy, work out pants.

We did our regular stretches and warmups before we start. After we ran a mile around the school and everyone was out of breath, including me. Then we played a game of basketball. All of the girls played against each other while the boys played football.

After the game, school was finally out and I have never been to relieved. I just wanted to snuggled up in my warm blankets, ignore the world, and maybe eat some popcorn or something.

I left the gym and walked to the front of the school where everyone rushed to get out of here. I took my time though, because I really didn't have anywhere to be.