Chapter Two

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: FEBRUARY 21ST, 2016

CHAPTER TWO

            A grunt that's not mine wakes me up. Snapping my eyes open, I turn around in bed and am met with Griffyn's surprised eyes. I know without a doubt that mine are mirroring that same emotion, but for a different reason.

            "Hey. Hi. Hello." I greet, not knowing what to say. The last time we slept in the same bed was four months ago. And four months ago, I didn't have these weird thoughts of him that I vaguely remember having last night before my memory went blank.

            Griffyn's surprised look fades and is replaced by a look of amusement as he chuckles. "Hello. Hi. Hey." I blush against my will and sit up, realizing I'm still in my dress, only I have a t-shirt over it. Griffyn most likely slipped it on last night. The thought does not help cool my already heated cheeks. I turn away so he can't see.

            "What happened last night?" I ask. I remember getting in the car and the ride home, but after that, it's all blurry. I know nothing bad would ever happen with Griffyn, but still. There are things that I'd like to avoid talking to him about and if I was drunk yapping, then there's a chance that I said something I shouldn't have.

            The bed moves as Griffyn shifts his weight and a second later he's sitting on the edge of the bed, his legs dangling beside mine, brushing them a little. I pull away slightly. I must not have done it subtly enough though, because he gives me a look and shifts back so our legs brush again.

            "Well, I helped you up here and obviously," he gestures to my shirt, "I slipped that on you. And I went to leave but you practically begged me to stay with you."

            He chuckles as I groan and look away. "Wow, now you're never going to let that go for the rest of our lives!" Though, begging for him to stay is not as bad as I thought the news would be.

            "You were all like, 'Griff, I'm cold! Come warm me with your body heat!'" Griff says in what I assume is his interpretation of my voice.

            I roll my eyes, "I so didn't say that!" At least I hope not...

            "Maybe not," Griff shrugs, "but it was something along the lines of that."

            "Whatever. I was probably just really glad--"

            "Probably?" Griffyn interrupts, looking bewildered.

            "--I got to see you before school starts back up. Only two days left." I stand up and head to my closet to pick out a pair of skinny jeans and cute top for the day.

            "Actually, there's only one day left until school starts. Tomorrow's Sunday." Griffyn corrects me, following me to my closet. He notices I'm having trouble picking out a top, so he picks a red one and hands it to me.