Chapter Thirteen

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: MARCH 23RD, 2016

PICTURED ABOVE: GRIFFYN RIVERS

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

            "Really, Griff? Are you serious?" I exclaim, looking back over my shoulder with wide eyes. Griffyn is grinning at me, the happiest I've seen him in while which is saying something. That boys is happy almost all the time.

            "You like? I was thinking that maybe it was a bit too..."

            "No, don't even finish that sentence. This is perfect. I can't believe I've never thought of this before," I praise, shaking my head, still not believing it. Out of all places, I didn't think he'd bring me here. 

            Earlier this afternoon, he'd come up to me as soon as I'd gotten my backpack zipped shut. "You ready?" He'd asked, looking excited.

            I gave him a weird look and slung my backpack over one shoulder. "We're leaving already? What exactly are you planning on doing?"

            Griff shrugs, "It's a surprise."

            I narrowed my eyes at him even more. None of our Friday get-togethers had ever been secretive. "Griff, really. Tell me what you're planning."

            Griff grinned and shook his head. He grabbed my hand and drug me out to his car. I dug my heels into the ground and refused to get in his truck which didn't do any good. He just threw me over his shoulder and tossed me into the passenger's seat. 

            When he'd rounded the truck and hopped in, he started pulling away immediately. "I'd tell you to cover your eyes, but I know you too well. You'd certainly peek."

            I grunted in a half-agreeing yet still not amused gesture and stared out the window. The scenery was familiar since we passed it every day, but it still didn't give me any clues as to where he was taking me. My curiosity had always been very very bad, so I never liked surprises. And certainly so, I was peeved that Griffyn wouldn't tell me where we were headed.

            "Please, Griff," I pleaded, as the curiosity finally overwhelmed all of my senses. I couldn't think straight, knowing that there was something that I didn't... well, know.

            Griff chuckled and shrugged as he steered his truck through the maze of roads in our town. "Hey, don't you know of that one saying. What is it again? Oh, I remember! Curiosity killed the cat."

            I only rolled my eyes and glared at his side profile. How could he joke like this? He knows how much I hate surprises. I'd let him plan this Friday and it wasn't going very good so far. "I'm pretty sure I'm going to kill you if you don't satisfy my curiosity."

            Griffyn let out a wholehearted, deep laugh that made me soften for a moment. But as soon as the sound of his laughter had faded, I was back to being bitter. Griff glanced over a me, "Oh, come on. You can hold out for a few more minutes, Carson."