Chapter Fourteen

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: MARCH 31ST, 2016

GIF OF: OUR FANTASIES OF GRIFF AND CARSON

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

            His t-shirt still lies crumpled on the carpeted floor of my bedroom.

            As soon as I woke, I searched every inch of the house to see if Griffyn was still here. When my search came up empty, the heavy feeling in my chest intensified, leaving me in a bad mood.

            I checked on my mom and set a bowl of dry cereal on her bedside table as she slept. Hopefully she'd see it when she woke up.

            And now I'm stuck in my bedroom doorway, staring at the floor. I know it's not a big deal and I shouldn't just stare at it like a depressed ex-girlfriend, but I do it anyway.

            He'd asked to stay with me and I agreed. And then I had the dream and kicked him out of my bed because of the fears my dreams had brought me, despite the knowledge that he'd never left me before. Guilt eats away at my insides and I banish the thoughts from my mind

            It doesn't matter now.

            I did the right thing.

            It had to be done.

            As much as I tell myself these things, the guiltier I become.

            Finally, I walk forward and pick up the t-shirt. I fold it and set it on my desk, deciding that I'll head straight over to Griffyn's house in order to return his shirt. And then I'll hang out with Parker.

            But first I'll need to take a shower.

            "What do you mean, he doesn't want to see me?"

            "I mean, he just told me to ignore you if you came over. I don't know why. He didn't really give me any reasons." Parker tells me. Her eyes widen the slightest bit in innocence, letting me know that she's telling the truth. I don't know why she'd lie to me about this, anyway.