Chapter Twelve

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: MARCH 22ND, 2016

PICTURED ABOVE: CARSON BAILEY

CHAPTER TWELVE

            "Eros is still girly," I state just to get Griffyn riled up. 

            After school today, we'd come to his house again so we could finish the project. Parker hadn't been home and neither had his parents. Still, we kept his bedroom door open this time. We usually don't follow that rule -- even when his parents get onto us about it -- but we did anyway. 

            When in his room, he'd automatically hopped on his bed and got his laptop to start writing the paper for our presentation. Soon, he'd had enough and shut the laptop. 

            "I'm going to hurt you if you say that one more time, Carson," Griffyn warned jokingly, grabbing at his phone as it buzzes again. It's been buzzing a lot the past fifteen minutes.

            "Wow, aren't you a ball of sunshine," I mutter, causing Griffyn to chuckle.

            He punches me in the arm, playfully. "I am. Hot as the sun, I mean."

            "Ha-Ha. You're so funny, Griff." I respond sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

            Griffyn doesn't answer right away. After waiting for a response for a few seconds and getting none, I look over. Griff's concentrated on his phone, texting someone I presume.

            "Griffyn, are you finished with that paper already?" I try again.

            He types faster, not answering. I chuck my pencil at him and he glances up looking confused and half-surprised. "What? Oh, um, yeah."

            I frown, not satisfied by his answer. Biting my bottom lip, I watch his own lips quirk up into a small smile as he texts. I grab his pencil -- which he makes no move to grab back from me like he usually does -- and the one I threw at him. I drum a random beat on his back and he still doesn't look up.

            Finally, I sigh loudly and collapse next to him on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. My sudden collapse shakes the bed. Griff finished his text and then glances over at me. He seems surprised to find me turning to look at him at the same time. He must see the irritation in my eyes because he goes, "What?"

            With a flat look I respond, "You're texting someone."

            Griff chuckles and nods, agreeing with me. "That's exactly what I'm doing. Congratulations on being such an observant person. There's no trophy for that, though. Sorry to disappoint."

            I don't laugh at his sarcastic jokes. "Who?"

            "I beg your pardon?" Griff says, looking surprised with his eyebrows raised.