Chapter Seven

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: MARCH 1ST, 2016

PICTURED ABOVE: WES

CHAPTER SEVEN

            On Wednesday I don't speak to Griffyn. Or, he doesn't speak to me at least. I tried plenty of times, but he would just walk away whenever I started to approach him.

            On Wednesday, I noticed that Griffyn was, in fact, spending more time with Melody. He started by meeting her at her locker, but soon that escalated to walking her to class. He smirks as I walk past them in the hallway.

            On Thursday, I noticed that Griffyn was not only walking Melody to class, but he invited her to sit with him at lunch. I used to most days, days that I wasn't sitting with Carolina, but since the fight, I'd sat with Carolina everyday. He filled my empty spot fasted than I'd have liked.

            On Friday, he drove her to school.

            Carolina and I are just slipping out of her car when he pulls up halfway across the lot in his usual spot. At first I don't notice Melody, but when I do (and find her sitting in my seat, feet up on the dash like I usually do), I'm furious.

            Carolina notices me eyeing the two with venom and stands beside me, leaning against her car. "See? Player. I told you."

            "You're not helping, Care."

            "Ugh, fine. Okay. If I were you, I'd--"

            I cut Carolina off. "I'm not you, though."

            Carolina rolls her eyes, "Fine, then I guess you don't want to find out how to get you best friend back..."

            Carolina struts off, leaving me to lean against the car. As much as I didn't want to stoop down to Carolina's level, the more I watched Griff and Melody, the more curious I got about what Carolina would do if she were in my position. "Wait!"

            Carolina stop and turns back, smiling. She walks over to me, saying, "I knew you'd change your mind. You're so predictable."

            "I am not," I protest, crossing my arms with a frown.

            "You are," she states. She glances over to where Griff and Melody are leaning against his truck, talking to each other. "Anyway, what I'd do. I'd find out where the lovebirds are going and then find a guy. I'd drag him onto said date with me and spy on them the whole time. Maybe do a bit of flirting if Griffyn notices you and the rest is history."

            I narrow my eyes at her, "That sounds suspiciously like I'm trying to make an ex-boyfriend jealous, not trying to get my best friend back."