Chapter Twenty-Three

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2016

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

            Mondays always suck.

            Like no matter how good of a day you have and how perfect everything goes, it still sucks. Well, at least it does if you attend high school and your best friend hates you.

            Currently, I'm standing at my locker, staring wistfully in Griff's direction. I'd given him the weekend to calm down and forgive me, yet he still never called or texted. I still don't know if I'm allowed to talk to him or what. But I'm going to try anyway because all this waiting and watching is making my chest ache.

            I watch carefully as Wes leaves Griff's locker and Griff leans down to get his textbook for first period. Taking this as my cue to talk to him because Wes has finally left him alone, I slam my locker door shut and approach him. Please don't walk away, please don't walk away.

            "Hey, Griffyn," I start as I near him.

            His stiffens and straightens up, glancing at me briefly before averting his eyes. Oh, so that's how it's going to be.

            "Come on, I need to talk to you."

            He ignores me as he continues getting his stuff together. I watch him gather his books as I wait until he's done and when he is, he shuts his locker door and tries to walk off without a word. Oh, no you don't.

            I grab his arm to pull him to a stop, not willing to let him get away from me. "Hey, what the-- I'm trying to talk to you here."

            Griff whirls around on me and looks annoyed. "And I'm trying to catch up to Wes before class starts." He glances on my hand wrapped around his arm and shakes it off. "And you say I'm clingy."

            He turns and walks off, leaving me there, completely stricken. "Wait, when did I say that? Griff, I never said that!"

            He doesn't answer.