Chapter Three

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: FEBRUARY 22ND, 2016

CHAPTER THREE

            Griffyn grimaces as he watches me apply eyeliner. "Ouch, doesn't that hurt? I'm never going to get used to that. You should stop wearing makeup and spare me the pain of watching you apply it."

            I roll my eyes and finish with the liner, capping it and throwing it into my makeup bag. "Griffyn, I didn't ask you to watch me. So just don't watch me do it." I was going invite Parker over, because at least she wouldn't complain about watching me do makeup, but she had to take Dixie to the vet, so that idea was quickly shut down.

            "Is it bad that I took that in a dirty way?" Griffyn asks. He only laughs when I chuck the pillow at him. He rolls around on my bed and I bite down the urge to yell at him. Am I the only one who gets annoyed when someone messes up my bed covers? Surely not.

            "Why are you so perverted?" I groan, starting on the mascara, meeting his eyes through the mirror. "I swear, you weren't this bad when I left you here for the summer."

            Griffyn smirks at me in the mirror and stretches, causing his shirt to ride up, revealing a sliver of his toned stomach. I force my eyes to not wander and congratulate myself when I keep my eyes locked on his. "Wes is starting to grow on me. Apparently, I've missed out on the perverted step in life, so I'm backtracking."

            I make a face at him and shove my mascara into the makeup bag, "That's literally the most stupid thing I've ever heard. You're lucky you skipped that stage. Because if I had to go through it with you, like I am now, I would've dropped your ass before you could say 'pumpkins'."

            "Pumpkins?" Griffyn asks, giving me a confused look. I stand up and place my makeup bag on my desk before facing him, still in a sitting position on the floor. "Why would I want to say pumpkins?"

            "Theoretically," I tell him, rolling my eyes before muttering, "God, you're such an idiot."

            "What did you say?" Griffyn asks, suddenly sitting up in my bed. He gives me a look with narrowed eyes. I'd say he looked dumb if I wasn't afraid of him tackling me and messing up my makeup.

            "Nothing," I say innocently. I give him a smile and shrug, standing up.

            "Yeah, that's what I thought," he grumbles, picking a piece of lent off of his shirt. And of course, he drops it onto my floor. No trash can, Griffyn? Thank you so much for littering in my room. I live to clean up after you.

            I roll my eyes and walk over to him to grab my outfit. I grab the hanger and pull, but it gets caught. I look down, slightly confused, and realize that it won't come free because Griffyn is sitting on it. "Excuse me."

            Griffyn raises his eyebrows at me, smirking. "You need anything, Carson?"

            "Um, yeah," I raise my eyebrows back. "I would love it if you stopped rubbing your butt on my clothes." I gesture to where he's sitting on my clothes and he moves around but doesn't get up.

             "Oh, is that what I'm doing?" Griffyn asks innocently, giving me a doe-eyed look.

            I groan, "Griffyn."

            "Carson," Griffyn groans back, mocking me. I resist the urge to smack him in the back of the head. That would definitely get him to shut up.

            "Give me my dress!" I check the time on the alarm clock beside my bed. Carolina is supposed to be here in less than half an hour and what am I doing? I'm fighting with Griffyn to get him off of my clothes. Maybe it was a bad idea to ask him for his company...