Chapter Eleven

ORIGINALLY WRITTEN: MARCH 15TH, 2016

PICTURED ABOVE: GRIFFYN RIVERS

CHAPTER ELEVEN

            "Yo, wake up!" I wake with a start just before I'm hit in the face with a pillow. I look through squinted eyes to see Griffyn standing at my bedside, smirking down at me.

            I groan and push the pillow over my head. Mornings have never been my thing and they really aren't his either most of the time, but he has those few days where he gets a little restless and ends up getting up really early. Today must be one of those days. "Go away."

            "You have twenty minutes before I leave you. Have fun getting another ride to school on a Monday." Griffyn states, talking down to me.

            I glare up at him before sitting up. I shiver as my skin comes in contact with the cool air. Griffyn's eyes flick down to the tank top I have on before he quickly diverts his gaze. I frown and pull the covers up to cover my chest even though there's really nothing wrong with a tank top. But it seems to be making him uncomfortable for some reason. "Fine. I'm going, I'm going. Get out."

            He snorts and gives me a "figures" look and leaves my room without a word. I stare after him for a second, watching as he closes my door. I sigh and drop the covers from my chest once the door clicks shut.

            I glance around my room groggily, wanting to just head back to sleep and forget about school. But, like every school day from now and for the next year of my life, I get up and get ready for the dreaded hours of forced education.

 But, like every school day from now and for the next year of my life, I get up and get ready for the dreaded hours of forced education

            The next time I see Griff is during last block in American History.

            Mrs. Mallory wraps up her daily lecture over twenty minutes earlier than usual and for that, I couldn't be more excited. These days, teachers talks so much during the class period that I can't get one sentence in to Griffyn.

            Sometimes I wonder if their throats ever get really scratchy and dry. I never see any water bottles with them, so I would think not. But even when I'm holding one conversation, my throat still gets dry. And when I think about talking for a whole hour like they do, I get thirsty. And that's just thinking about it.