Rejection Kills- War

(A/N) Hey guys, this is to apologize for the last chapter being so short and since I have nothing to do. Check out my other story, 'Over Again' and 'Rebel With A Halo' maybe vote? Thankyou guys, I love youu:* I know this is late but its the last chapter, first time ending a proper story! Thankyou so much for all your support, and I want to dedicate the last chapter of this book to Zaineb, she's the one who persuaded me into writing in the first place

enough of this sappy shit

let's do dis

~•~

*Candace's Pov*

Broken.

That's how I felt.

I didn't think Liam would do that to me, to anyone in this case. He wouldn't betray me like this, but I can't do anything except for mourn over the loss of my second mate to another. And Penelope? She is nothing, I know I'm better than her and that's what really bothers me...

Would Liam really ever choose her over me?

If he did, why?

I didn't think I wanted to know the answer...

The sound of the doorknob turning brought me back into the state of reality, I didn't want to face. I kept my eyes fixed on the plain brown wall infront of me, as the door creaked silently.

I smelt him before I saw him. Liam James Payne. I didnt want any excuses, or that's what I made myself believe. My face was rid of any emotion as he neared me, slowly seating himself at the edge of the bed.

"Candace?" he whispered, trying to get a reaction out of me. I didn't reply, keeping myself uneffected by his presence. In the corner of my eye, I saw his hand reach out for mine. I snatched my hand away before he could touch me, I didn't want his false affection.

"Why are you here?" I spat, my voice betraying me and cracking in the end. A deep frown etched its way to his handsome face, I wanted to reach out and smooth out the lines forming on his forehead, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him any longer.

"Just let me explain-" he tried but I cut him off. "You don't need to." I stated, my voice coming out stronger than I felt.

"Please-"

"No."

A deep sigh erupted from his parted lips, a defeated look making its way onto his face. I really wanted to know just why he did what he did, but I couldn't bring myself to hear it. I could feel my chest tightening as I found it difficult to breathe with the pain in my heart, my broken, lifeless heart.

Rocusa was planning an attack in two days, I had no time at all to decide what to do.

I could just turn myself in, I dont want anyone in the pack dying, or getting hurt because of me, I also didn't want Liam hurt, no matter what he's done to me.

I came to the conclusion I had to do the right thing, I just hope it works.

I don't have anything to live for anyway, except for my baby. And Liam. But he's done too much now, I don't even know how he could do that, especially since our bond is so strong. But I guess people change.

My heart felt hollow, empty, cold, and broken. My body and mind were physically and mentally tired because of todays' events, and I didn't want my health being effected, I didn't want my baby to suffer because of my problems. My mind buzzed with and idea, I didn't know if it would work, but I sure as hell hope so.

I was so caught up in my throughts, I hadn't noticed when Liam layed down on the bed next to me, his arms folded across his chest and his mouth parted, his muscles bulging, even in his sleep as he snored quietly. I reached out to brush a stay lock of his hair away from his face.