FIVE

The five shadow hunters and mundane arrived at the City of Bones, all of them getting out of the van. "Yeah because this place isn't creepy at all."

"Dont tell me your afraid."

"I was born afraid, which sounded a lot better in my head."

"Let's check it out." Alec said, walking forward with his usual level of enthusiasm. Jace followed behind, Clary went to but was soon stopped by Jace. "Wait here I want to see if it's safe."

The three left, leaving Abeke with Clary and Simon, she leant against his van messing with a purple flame in her palm. "Why are we doing this? We don't even know these people."

"Offensive much, I'm a great person just some anger issues." Abeke stated with a playful tone.

" I wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this. What is it? What's wrong?"

"How are you not ultra freaked out by all this? I mean that girl has freaking tattoos engraved in her arms and is literally got a purple flame in her palm." Simon spoke, pointing to Abeke as an example.

"I guess I just always felt like there was something missing, some void I couldn't quite explain. Things are finally starting to make sense but none of its gonna matter unless I get my mom back."

"Then let's do that."

"Clary, come on its all clear." Jace called out summoning the girl.

"Lets go." She held Simon's hand before letting go and taking Jace's. Abeke followed behind the mundane, the purple flame non existent.

"You have to understand, the silent brothers aren't like us."

"They lack your charm and superior people skills?"

"Yeah most people do. The brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts."

"That dosen't sound so bad."

"Dont let their silence fool you, they'll hold the soul sword to your head and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. If your not strong enough you will die."

"I take it back that sounds level 10 bad."

"Clary you should know the pain will be excruciating, you don't have to-"

"I'll do anything. Walk through fire, battle demons whatever it takes. I have to get my mom back I can't, I won't loose her."

"You won't, we won't."

The group rejoined outside the entrance to the City of Bones, scaring the mundane and fairly new shadow hunter with its decorative choices. " I can do this."

"Yeah you can, your Clary freaking Fray you can do anything." Simon encouraged before going to walk forward.

"Alright hold up." Jace outstretched an arm, not letting the mundane pass. "Surprise, surprise no mundane aloud just like in the training room right? Wrong I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny guys friend who gets left behind, dead man."

"Your not that funny." Abeke spoke, earning a glare from Simon.

"By all means go ahead, course the minute you enter you'll die."

"Problem is now I don't trust you."

"He's not lying."

"Now, he was before. "

"The run energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter so, please."

"The brothers creep me out, I'll mind the mundane."

"Your sacrifice is noted Issy."

Simon began to babble on to Clary, annoying the male lightwood and Hale. "I can't be here anymore so Jace I'm gonna mind the perimeter."

"I'll go with you." Abeke exclaimed, joining the taller shadow hunter. Alec smiled down at the girl as they walked, he honestly enjoyed her presence. "Can I ask you something?" He asked hesitantly, not sure whether the subject was touchy.

"You just did." She laughed, causing him to chuckle. "Of course."

"When you were training earlier, I saw a love rune on your side. I was curious how you got it?"

Abeke stopped, breathing in deeply as she began her story. "As you know my family died a little while ago in a fire, clearly I'm the only survivor. I was only eight when it happened, I was absolutely and utterly crushed, my whole family had practically died in front of my eyes and I couldn't save them. There was this one brother that I had, Scott. He was my favourite followed by Derek. He was so young when it happened, we were playing hide and seek. I just I couldn't handle it my heart was broken so I drew that rune. It helped heal my heart but there is always going to be a piece of me missing you know?" She explained. Abeke didn't even realise she was crying until Alec wiped the tears away with his thumb.

She embraced his tall structure in a hug, trying desperately to supress the memories of Scott and Derek. "Hey its alright, it wasn't your fault Abeke. There was nothing you could of done okay?" She nodded her head before breaking their embrace, much to Alec's disappointment.

"Come on I don't think there's anyone out here." Alec stated our stretching his hand towards the strawberry blonde Hale. "You go ahead I just need a minute." He nodded his head before she was watching his retreating figure.

A cold hand wrapped around her mouth, startling the girl she tried to scream but a familiar voice stopped her. "So we meet again Katarina."

"Raphael, what do you want?"

"Just visting you." He responded,trying to act innocent as he stood in front of the girl.

"No what do you actually want there's always a double meaning with you." She responded, seeing right through his little act as she poked his chest.

"Alright me and my people want the mortal cup, we know the red heads got it."

"She dosen't know where it is Raphael."

"Dont play dumb with me, we know you've got it alright and I'm sorry but we need a hostage."

"Raphael what are you-" Abeke was cut off by a syringe being pressed into her neck, sedating the girl.

Abeke instantly fell unconsious, dreaming of the first time she met Raphael.

It was night time, the full moon shining down on the town as a strawberry blonde walked through the streets. She found herself outside a new club that was much like Pandemonium but it was owned by a different supernatural. She got inside the club easily, walking straight through the doors.

Her eyes scanned the crowd of people, looking for one Magnus Bane as it was rumored he would be at this club since his was currently closed. She was whisked away in the madness of the dancing and found herself in a private room.

Confused she went to leave but a figure stood in the way, his fangs poking through his bottom lip. He was a vampire. "Where'd you think your going?" He asked, stepping closer than Abeke was comfortable with.

"Hey Mark leave the girl alone." Another voice shouted, saving the girl. 'Mark' reluctantly left the girl alone going back to draining the blood of a mundane. The guy who had saved the girl stood in front of her, a welcoming smile across his face. "Sorry about him he dosen't know personal space. I'm Raphael."

"Katarina."

That was chapter 5 what a cliffhanger there. Thank you for 1k reads I might post another chapter to celebrate you'll have to wait and see.

I have chosen the ship name to be Aleke Lighthale that was submitted by 5sos_fam_calm so go and follow her.