TWENTY-FIVE

After packing up her belongings and moving back into her old apartment, Abeke decided to visit Clary to see if she could do anything to help with her mother. Careful to avoid the soon to be married couple, she sneaked into the institute and met Clary in the infermery. "Hey, how is she?" Abeke asked the girl, scanning her mother's sleeping figure.

"Alright i guess, although i should be asking you that question." Clary replied as the strawberry blonde walked forward, standing over the sleeping figure.

"I'm fine, I guess just a little sore." She answered.

"Physically or emotionally?" The younger strawberry blonde asked, adding a little laugh at the end.

"Both." She replied. Her eyes turned a purple hue replacing her normally green ones as she scanned over the body in more detail. "It was a potion, I don't know what the antidote is but I can talk to Magnus." Abeke replied, doing one last test by running her purple flame over the body, recieving a shock of electricity as she did so.

"Thank you, for this." Clary thanked, smiling at the girl comfortingly.

"No problem, I'm just sorry I couldn't do anything to help as of right now." Abeke replied.

"It's okay, do you miss her?" The Fray girl asked,standing next to the Hale.

"Miss who?"

"Your mother, I can't imagine what it's like loosing her for good seeing as mine is just unconsious." Clary informed, looking up at the girl with empathy.

"I do miss her, but it was in the past and you've got to put things to the past to move on." Abeke shrugged looking down at the girl.

When Abeke arrived back at her apartment, she let out a sigh before moving over to the mirror checking her side just like she had been since it healed. There was nothing there apart from memory of loosing Allison, she was pulled out of her thoughts when there was a knock on the door. "Come in." She shouted, pulling down her top as she walked out into the living room, not expecting Alec.

"I, er, came to say thank you for defending Isabelle like that and er, putting yourself in danger." He stumbled over his words, unsure of what to say because of the awkward tension.

"It was nothing really, Izzy's my friend too and I couldn't just stand there and watch her be put on trial." Abeke humbly replied, turning away from the male Lightwood as she began to make herself a drink.

"Do you have any information-"

"On the warlock who cast a spell on Jocelyn, me and Magnus are looking into it." She replied, cutting his question short.

"About Isabelle, she asked me to invite you to the wedding." Alec informed, this time without stuttering. Abeke felt her heart stop at the word 'wedding', she turned around nearly getting whiplash as she did, in one quick motion a bitter tone taking place.

"Why should I?" She asked rhetorically, Alec a bit taken back by her cold tone. "Why should I attend your wedding, when you broke my heart hell you even stabbed me and techincally killed me." She ranted, dropping the drink she had been holding onto the floor only for Alec to catch and place on the nearest table.

"We're shadowhunters Abeke, marriage is for family,tradition,honour-" Alec began to explain.

"Honour? Where's the honour in living a lie?"

"What are you talking about?"

"What about love? Even shadowhunters fall in love Alec." The strawberry blonde walked forward, their faces inches apart. "Just tell me you love Lydia and I'll stop." Tears started to brim at her eyes as she looked up at the male Lightwood." Tell me you love her and this will all go away."