TWENTY-TWO

A loud cry of pain emitted from Scott's lips as soon as he heard Abeke take her last breath. Derek pulled the younger Hale into his arms allowing the boy to drown in his shirt as he did so however Derek didn't have his usual hard exterior on show he was letting himself feel. Tears were streaming down his cheeks like a river as he showed himself as a truly broken man.

Alec and Isabelle came running into the room, spotting the dead girl they rushed over not truly believing that she was in fact dead. Alec bent down, even more tears than before steaming down his face as he did so, he moved a bit of her hair behind the girl's ear before checking for a pulse, more tears falling from his eyes as he realised the girl he love truly was gone. The only chance he had at happiness was gone and she was never coming back. It took a moment for Alec to realise that he would never feel her warm embrace or feel her smooth lips, even train with the girl. It was all gone, any future that they had hoped to have was gone all because of his foolish acts.

Scott looked up seeing Alec, he unwrapped Derek's arms from around him jumping onto the older Lightwood as he began to punch his face continously. "This is your fault. She's dead because of you!" He shouted punching his chest instead. Derek pulled the boy of kicking and screaming, holding his arms so that he didn't attack again.

Isabelle helped Alec up, glancing at the broken family again before leaving taking Alec with her. Scott walked over to Abeke, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You promised me you would never leave me." He muttered a new wave of sadness overcoming his body as he ran into Derek's arms crying into his chest.

Abeke's eyes fluttered open immediately closing when the bright light of the room blinded her. Waiting a brief second, she opened her eyes again letting them adjust to the bright lights. Slowly, she stood up looking around the seemingly endless walls of white. Eyes squinting to try and get a better look, Abeke spotted a door right at the other end of the room.

Anxiously, she began to walk towards the door eventually breaking out into a sprint before haulting to a stop all together when she realised that she wasn't actually moving - it was all an illusion. Sighing, Abeke turned around in each and every direction looking for some kind of sign to let her know what to do or at least what the place was but there was nothing.

"Katarina?" A voice that she hadn't heard in years but in no way had forgotten asked, coming from behind her.

Slowly but surely, the strawberry blonde turned around seeing the familiar figure only two metres away. "Mom?" She asked eyes already brimming with tears. The woman nodded, signally the girl to run forward and that she did. As soon as her mother's arms wrapped around her she let the tears fall, sure that she had already soaked her top. "I missed you." Abeke claimed, voice cracking mid sentance.

"I missed you too honey but I'm afraid you can't stay here long." Talia explained trying to sound gentle as she spoke to the now dead girl.

"What do you mean mother? I'm-" Abeke gulped readying herself to face the facts."dead, I can finally be with you and the rest of the family."

"Oh honey, you're not dead you're in Limbo." Talia shook her head choosing to rest her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"But the seraph blade-" Abeke started clearly confused by her mother's choice of words.

"Injured you but it didn't kill you. All you have to do is let yourself heal."

"But I want to stay here with you mother and the rest of the family. I don't want to leave you again." Abeke exclaimed, tears brimming at her eyes, ready to fall but she wouldn't let them.