SEVENTEEN

The trio rejoined in the police station, walking out togther as the night sky shined above them, flashing lights illuminating the streets. They met a once again frantic Clary and Jace, but this time they seemed more worried, concering the trio. "Did you get it?" Alec asked in a demanding tone, not happy with the answer he recieved.

"Theoritically." Clary replied, head whipping round in every direction as she did so.

"Theoritically?" Alec asked, confused as to what she was saying.

"Yeah, I found the card I just have to figure out how i reached into my notebook before, it's not an exact science." Clary explained.

"Can't you just pull the cup out?"

"I can theoritically, it's just, it isn't as easy as it looks Alec."

"Listen you two can discuss theory as much as you want when we get back to the institute, but right now considering we just stole from the cops I suggest we go."

"Guys, I think the mundane's might be the least of our worries." Isabelle called out, looking down at the necklace that pulsed around her neck.

"At keast we know the demon necklace works."

"It worked the other day, let's go." The four more experienced shadowhunters began to walk ahead at a very fast pace, Clary struggling to keep up as she pleaded with them to slow down. "Guys, slow down." She called out, running to catch up but she was once again left behind, looking around the place as she did so.

Being the clumsy person that she is, Clary bumped into an old woman who looked to be innocent but was a serpent underneath, she bent down picking up her bag but when she looked up again it was no longer an old woman, it was a demon. It growled at the defensless shadowhunter, ready to attack but was interupted by Jace. "Grandma." He called out the demon turning around only for Jace to stab her in the stomach as he held her close so no one else would see what he did. It exploded into particles, Clary standing up when it disappeared.

"What the hell?" She asked, Jace twirling the blade around his fingers before hiding it away.

"Language, not in front of Grandma." Jace joked as the other three shadowhunters joined the duo.

"How did they find us?" The five turned their heads to see another demon getting out of a car, it flashed his eyes at us as a number of demons followed it. "She brought friends."

"How can you tell?" Clary asked as they began walking again, the four at a normal pace but Clary was practically running.

"It's like seeing through a glamour, you gotta pay attention to the details."

"I can't see anything." Clary once again complained, looking around frantically.

"Behind us." Abeke called out, trying to warn the girl but she still couldn't see anything.

"I still can't seem them." Jace came to an abrupt stop, spotting another group of demons heading towards them. "Okay, there's too many people."

"I don't say this often but I agree with Clary, we gotta get out of here." Alec called out, pulling Abeke closer towards him as he scanned the crowd to see how many demons there were.

"Hey, this way." Clary called, the four following her as they practically ran down a load of steps, trying to escape the demons. The reached the door, Clary taking out her stele as she held it out to Jace. "What's the unlocking rune again?" Jace simpily kicked down the door the only thing on his mind was to get Clary to safety. "Open sessimi." He joked, smiling at himself before walking through the other three following behind.