TWENTY-ONE

After walking off from the happily engaged couple, Abeke joined Izzy showing no emotion towards what had just happened. "This is insane." Isabelle shouted refering to the screen showing the seelie Meliorn being interigated by Lydia.

"Oh well, enjoy portaling back to Idris with mom and dad." Alec replied,not showing a hint of emotion towards the situtaion as he sat next to Isabelle, luckily not next to Abeke.

"Meliorn is here because of me." Isabelle defended, trying to knock some sort of sense into her brother.

"Alec's right, there's nothing we can do to stop this interigation." Jace explained, refering to the screen.

"Your on Alec's side now?"

"We swore to protect each other of course he's on my side."

"I'm not picking sides, Jace Wayland is Switzerland but we have got to find Valentine, let's just let this play out Izzy. Meliorn might have some important information." Jace explained himself, everyone's attention being directed to the monitor.

"Forensics don't lie, tell me what you know about the blood in the forsaken." Lydia demanded, pacing around the room.

"Have you considered that the blood in the forsaken came from our dead scouts? Scouts sent to help you hunt for Valentine, why do you think we would side with a murderer?" Meliorn shot back, a smug expression on his face-he knew something they didn't.

"Seelies always play both sides."

"You should talk to your own people about playing sides."

"Excuse me?" Lydia asked eyes squinting in confusion.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about do you? If only shadowhunters had a better relationship with us downworlders, you would know that Valentine's daughter has the cup." Meliorn leaned forward, the information rolling off his tongue.

"Still think we should let this play out?" Abeke asked rhetorically, still staring at the screen.

The trio who were against Lydia's actions gathered in the main part of the institute, Isabelle looking angrier than the other two shadowhunters. "Where are you taking him?" She shouted to Lydia as she walked past, Alec by her side as guards escorted Meliorn.

"To a holding cell, then a guard will transport him to the silent brothers." Lydia explained, her face resembling that of a resting bitch face as Abeke called it.

"You can't do that!"

"Not our decision Isabelle, the Clave made the order."

"That could be a death sentance for a downworlder."

"Are you trying to start a war with them? Meliorn has told you all the information he knows." The five stopped in the hallway of the institute, Lydia and Alec facing the trio.

"You don't know that, maybe we haven't asked the right questions. Seelie's often avoid the truth if he has information on another terrorist attack it is our responsiblitiy to get it."

"Let me talk to him."

"That's wasn't exactly helpful in the past."

"But he may not know anything." Jace replied, cutting the fight that was sure to happen to a hault. "Alec this is going too far."

"We don't have a choice."

"There's always a choice Alec, you just chose the wrong one." Abeke spat, turning away from the group with Jace and Isabelle following as she met up with Magnus, sure that Jace had already divised a plan.