TWENTY-SEVEN

After the wedding, the group split up before reforming in one of the many rooms of the Institute, Magnus Bane joining them. The warlock clicked his fingers, a blue mist forming as it flowed over the table revealing a bunch of items from Ragnor's house. "I pulled every item of magic parts from Ragnor's belongings, but I can't determine which item will lead to the book of the white." Magnus informed, each person picking up an item from the table and examining it.

"Wow, this is so cool." Stiles stated, picking up a potion of some sort that glowed when he touched it. Abeke sent him a glare, the boy putting the item down reluctantly.

"Wait this bookmark, I've seen it before in the alternate dimension you showed me a book of spells and this was in it, must of been the book of the white."

"What is it the bookmark of the white?" Stiles asked sarcastically, earning a whack around the head from the Hale.

"If that's the case we can use the bookmark to track the owner of the book." Alec reported to everyone, looking up at Jace.

"Okay-" Jace stated, going to take the bookmark but Magnus snatched it from his possession a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Warlock tracking is stronger." He stated, earning an eye roll from Jace.

"Seriously, who is this guy?" Stiles whispered in Abeke's ear with an eye roll.

"The high warlock of Brooklyn." She informed, Stiles stepping down as he gulped. Everyone watched on as they awaited the news to find out where the book of the white lay.

"Well there's good new and bad news. The good news is I know the owner, the bad it's Camille."

"Camille?"

"Look's like Raphael has her locked up in the basement of Hotel Du Moor."

"After I punched her there's no way she'll help me."

"She won't have a choice, trust me." Jace replied, mouth parting as he went to say something but shut it walking off from the group. The rest of the group departed, apart from Alec and Abeke the two staying with an awkward silence hanging above them.

"I'm so glad we got away from that crowd, all those people. So intense." Alec informed, walking around the table to meet Abeke.

"I have to hand it to you Alec, you certainly know how to make a statement." Abeke replied, her hand intertwining with his just as the sound of footsteps echoes from the staircase- Alec's parents the source of it. Abeke turned, standing away to give them privacy.

"What have you done Alec? To us, this family?"

"This isn't about you."

"Of course it is, you are either being selfish or naive. This wedding was your plan from the start and now you have humiliated us in front of the most respected members of the Clave. I don't even recognise you anymore."

"I'm the same person I've always been now everything's just out in the open." Alec replied coldly, defending himself and his girlfriend. Maryse's eyes moved from Alec to Abeke.

"And all for a demon." She spat, turning away and walking off from the couple.

"Just give it time."

"And you?"

"I don't really understand this but i suppose this world is changing. How long has this been going on? Are you two in love?" The eldest Lightwood questioned, trying to make sense of the whole situation.

"Love? What? Maybe, it's er different." Alec stumbled over his words not sure how to explain how he felt for the strawberry blonde.

"It's all very new." She answered, coming to Alec's rescue as he intertwined their fingers.