TWELVE

"Where are we going?" Abeke questioned the strawberry blonde next to her. Clary has whisked away the Hale girl without any explanation, drawing on an invisible rune on both their arms. She had then left the institute, dragging the girl along with her with once again no explanation.

"To my old loft." She spoke vaguely, stopping outside of the art school that she attended as she dug through her bag. A loud and annoying ringtone echoed around the street, mundanes passing by and checking their phone to see if it was theirs."Why'd you run out?" Alec appeared completely ignoring Abeke as he spoke directly to Clary. "What's the point in a invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone, it's childish." Ignoring the male Lightwood, Clary took out her phone answering the call straight away as she left Alex and Abeke to awkwardly stand in each others presence, having no idea what had happened before.

"Simon, hey...I know I should of called you right back, I'm really sorry are you okay?...yeah I totally get it, can we talk later things are kind off insane right now?...I kind of killed a demon and lost all my memories forever so...I'm at the Brooklyn Academy, I'm on my way too-"

"Hang up, that's it we have to go right now."

"I'm on my way to the loft, there's something there that I think could help me find my mother... I'm fine, I'm with Alec and Abeke...no Simon you've done enough already..." The phone call ended, Clary shoving her phone back into the bag that hung off her shoulder.

"Mundanes, look at them running around like ants, let's go."

"Why'd you always look so miserable?"

"I don't. "

"You do, it must be hard being in love with Jace, he straight."

"Excuse me? What?"

"What's the big deal? I was there when that memory came out, busted no?"

"We're Parababtai. "

"Alec just say it you'll feel better. Your in love with Jace."

"Forget it, your in love with Jace."

"He does have a point there." Abeke jumped in, pointing at Alec. Clary shit her a glare before replying back to his previous comment.

"Oh okay? The middle school comeback nice, Alec we have a real problem to solve okay? Come on." Clary began to walk off, Alex rolling his eyes for what must of been the 50th time since he had been left alone with Clary.

"This better be quick." He stated, dragging Abeke along as she scanned the crowds of mundanes.

The younger strawberry blonde ran forward embracing Simon in a hug as if she would never see him again, while the other two shadowhunters followed an awkward silence settling between the two. The two bestfriends muttered between themselves as the other two shadowhunters stood to the side, wanting to return to the institue. "Are you sure you're feeling up to this?" Clary questioned Simon, breaking the reunion hug.

"Yeah, it's just a cold, not the end of the world.." He responded, glancing over at Abeke and Alec slightly.

"The world has been ending for over a thousand years," Alec interupted, earning a glare from the two and a hit to the side from Abeke."You kind of get used to it, now we need to move."

"My mom's loft is just across the alley." Clary explained pointing at the loft's direction slightly.

"We have to be careful, they've got eyes all over this place and everyone in the shadow world are looking for you."

"I guarantee you no one's going to find this short cut, I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary, you might know the shadow world but trust me i know Brooklyn. Come on." Simon explained with a smug grin before his body ran up to the wall and quickly jumped over it at an inhumane speed. Abeke followed easily jumping over the wall with no help, after all she did have extra strength and secret abilities. Meanwhile, Clary stared in awe, not believing what she had just saw.

The other two shadowhunters followed behind, Clary struggling a bit to climb over the wall at first but soon caught the hang of it. Simon led the way, walking through numerous alleys and bushes until they came up to the back entrance he had been talking about with such pride. He began to climb the stairs to reach the loft, Clary still amazed at how quickly and easy Simon was finding this. "Have you been doing parkour or something?"

"You've gotten a lot better at this."

"I was just going to say the same thing about you."

"Climbing a fire escape exictes mundanes, i will never understand these people." Alec spoke to himself, clear irritation is his voice. The four climbed the fire escape with ease, quickly climbing to the top where the entrance to the loft would be-the only thing Abeke actually cared about.

"Woah, I don't remember it like this."

"These are runes and wards of protection cast by a warlock." Abeke spoke for the first time since they had met up with Alec, earning a glance from him.

"Dot."

"Some of these have been here for years."

"The only difference is now I can see them."

"Yo Clary! What are all these tags?"

"You can see the runes?" Alec asked but Abeke didn't listen to the rest,her hand resting on one of the runes as she began to let her thoughts take over. Usually she would of had a vision of the warlock casting the spell but her mind was still jumbled up from what Alec had done earlier.

Abeke gasped quietly as a vision of two little children playing around entered her mind, the children looked to be about five or six. The boy had dark brown hair whereas the girl had strawberry blonde hair who anyone would mistake for ginger. At first sight she had thought that it was Clary and Simon but when she looked closer, a familair house was in the background-the Hale mansion. Who were they?

Before Abeke could see anymore a firm hand grabbed onto her shoulder, pulling her away from the rune. She whipped around looking up at Alec as her eyes returned to normal, what had just happened? "Are you alright?" He asked, speaking to her for the first time since he had used an alpha voice, getting the information out of her without her consent. She nodded, not trusting her voice at the moment, he nodded his head before walking into Clary's loft Abeke following behind.

The three shadowhunters and mundane entered Clary's room, the walls a dark black colour which could only be from one thing due to the mess and half burned items laying around- a fire. Almost immediately after she stepped into the room, Abeke left flashes of that night apperaring in her mind. She walked off into one of the other rooms, noticing the broken furniture as her eyes scanned the room. The room was a mess with furniture knocked over as well as large dents in the wooden floor.

A loud crash interputed her daze as she whipped her head around, seeing a large grey wolf approaching her. It shown its green eyes in her direction as she shown her purple ones, growling it moved to attack jumping onto the girl and biting her shoulder. Pain shot through Abeke as she moved to cover her shoulder, a dizzyness overcoming her body.

The wolf transformed into a man before picking the girl up and shoving her into an unmarked car, Simon and Clary soon joining the older strawberry blonde reluctantely. Clary looked over at the weakening Abeke, worry crossing her features. "Abeke? Abeke?" She asked in a worried tone, shaking her body.

She sat up instantly, the healing process trying but failing to begin on the bite, resting her head agaisnt the seat she let out a exsparated sigh before nodding at Clary as a thank you. "I'm fine, its just a scratch besides its starting to heal." Abeke explained, lying through her teeth at Clary and boy was she gald that Clary couldn't hear her heart skipping beats. It was not a scratch, it wasn't healing and she didn't know if she would be fine.

The car pulled to a stop, the men in the front getting out opening the door to the back and harshly grabbing their arms as they pulled the three into the restaurant. Clary fired endless questions but Abeke didn't listen as she fell unconsious the pleads from Clary being the last thing she heard.

That was Chapter 12, hopr you like it. It's sort of a filler chapter which I hate because they're just a waste of space but you need them for the rest of the plot so here you go.

What do you think has happened to Abeke?