EIGHTEEN

After a very heated kiss, Alec and Abeke returned to the main part of the institute a slight brush on their faces. They immediately started to act normal almost as if nothing had happened between the two of them.

The couple stood by one of the bigger screens looking at the map of the institute as someone tried to get in. "Alec what are you doing? You can stare at this monitor all you want they need angel blood to get past the wards, you know that. No downworlder can come into the institue."

"Not without and invite by a shadowhunter." Isabelle finished for him taking place by another monitor.

"Last I checked Valentine is a shadowhunter, the cup is not safe here we have to give it back to the Clave." Alec explained already back to his normal self.

"I second that seeing as I don't really want to be controlled anytime soon." Abeke spoke out raising a hand from besides Alec as proof.

"Give it back to the Clave? No, not after everything we went through to get it."

"My brother is right, the cup is extremely important."

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked questioningly seeing as Isabelle never agreed with him.

"Full of surprises."

"This cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back."

"I agree with Clary, we can't give the cup to the Clave not now. We need it, it's our only bargaining chip." Jace agreed giving his input into the debate, which was no surprise that he would agree with Clary.

"Look I know how powerful this cup is, it has the power to create new shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drink from it but I promise you I will not let that monster get his hands on it." Clary walked forward looking at Alec to see what he thought after giving her little speech

"There you go, you have her word." Jace replied looking at Alec with hope.

"Follow me." Alec spoke out beginning to walk off with Clary on his tail. Abeke stayed with Jace and Isabelle, scanning over the screen to see just what was happening outside.

Clary and Alec returned, the Lightwood choosing to stand next to Abeke as they all stared at the screen. On the screen was a picture of the institute with a person or demon, someone without angel blood getting closer and closer. An alarm sounded, alerting Jace and Isabelle of the threat outside. "There's something outside the perimeter."

"I told you."
"Dont say it." The two Parababtai spoke at the same time, Jace's voice heard more clearly than Alec's.

"What's happening?" Clary asked, clueless like usual.

"Looks like someone's trying to break in."

"Could be the circle. "

"Told you so."

"Too soon." The four began to walk towards the entrance to the institute ready to take on the threat that might be outside the walls that protected them. Clary looked at the scene before running after the four, seraph blade in hand as she did so.

The male's put on jackets as they walked outside, a fogg taking place in the garden. The five walked through each with their own weapon, Isabelle, Jace and Clary with a seraph blade whilst Alec had a bow whereas Abeke had her famous purple flame ready to shoot at anyone who dares come near them.

They spotted a figure in the darkness, carrying someone or something as Jace called out. "Dont move!"

"Drop what you're holding out your hands up." Alec commanded pulling back an arrow to shoot at the mysterious figure. Abeke smelt the air, smelling death as it surrounded the figure, she knew who it was. The figure turned around to face them stopping movements as Raphael showed a rather dead looking Simon in his arms.