Melt.

I sped down the freeway and found the hospital in about 30 minutes. I hopped out the car and through the automatic doors. “Who are you here to see?” The receptionist asked. “Lex Miller?” The lady typed on her computer and gave me a wristband. “3rd floor, room 11” I bolted to the elevator, anxiously waiting to lift up to the 3rd floor. The doors opened slowly and I darted out and to room 11. I opened the door and whom I saw on the hospital bed was not the girl I expected. Lex was pale, and her eyes were red and puffy. Her arms were wrapped in bandages and my heart was sinking every second that went by. “Lex?” She raised her head up from her book, “Alex? What are you doing here? You guys are supposed to be leaving for tour!”

I ignored what she said and wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. I felt her arms wrap around me and she took grip on my shirt. "Lex. What happened tell me." I whispered into her ear. Releasing her, I looked into her brown eyes and noticed that she didn’t have that certain sparkle in her eye anymore. She let out a breath, “Depression hit the shit out of me again.”---“Why are your arms wrapped up Lex?” She grabbed the end of the bandage and began unwrapping it. Her arm revealed stitches and maroon scars.

I felt my body tense up and choked up a little. "W-why?” Lex began sobbing and I brought her towards my chest and kissed the top of her head. I was holding back tears, trying to be strong for her. I guess my relationship with Jessica didn't make me forget my love for Lex. "Why didn't you tell everyone Lex? We could’ve helped you." She looked up at me with her wet eyes. "After I saw you at my apartment with Jessica, I couldn't handle it. I didn't want to worry you guys cause you were happy so I told Jack to be quiet."

I was confused. Couldn't handle it? "I thought you hated me. I couldn’t handle the fact that the one person that means the most to me would hate me. I convinced myself I was worthless like my mom used to tell me and then Jack told me that you saw me kiss my ex in the hospital parking lot. I was meaning to tell you the story but I didn't want to ruin what you had with Jessica."---"What's the story?..."---"He... he came to see me about what had happened with Lisa and to pick up a few of this things. He started talking about the old times we had and how he missed me and then he kissed me. I felt disgusting after, so for a couple weeks I just sat around and then everything overwhelmed me and this happened because I--"

She stopped in the middle of her sentence and saw her shaking. I felt a tear run down my face at the thought I got with a girl because of something that wasn't Lex's fault and I couldn’t help but feel that she was in this place because of me. "You what Lex?..." She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. I lifted her head by her chin and looked into her eyes. "I knew for sure I’m not worth anything to anyone...." I kissed her head and closed my eyes, resting my head on hers. "You’re worth everything to me Lex.” I laid myself next to her and pulled her into my chest and let her cry. I held her hand and made circles with my thumb and felt tears pouring down my face. It hurt so much that the girl I love was hurt and that was the last thing I wanted for her.

---------------

I felt myself being shaken. I opened my eyes and saw a nurse and immediately stood up, making sure not to wake Lex. “Are you her boyfriend?” I hesitated at the question. “Um yes.”---“Okay well, Lex has been released so you can take her home whenever.”---“Thank you.” I sighed and sat in the chair. “Is she okay?” I turned and saw Jack, Zack, and Rian. I ran to my band mates and hugged them all. “She’s okay I hope.”---“I’m fine guys.” I heard her sweet voice and heard happiness in it. The guys stood around her bed, hugging her, kissing her head, and keeping small talk with her. I knew sooner or later I’d have to walk back to the bus and explain to Jessica. “I’ll be right back.” I walked out into the hallway and saw everyone else there.

"Alex! How could you keep me worrying?! All this because of Lex?!" Everyone else was looking at me because they knew. They knew I was in love with Lex. The girl that played video games, that didn't care what anyone thought of her and that, cared for me more than anyone else. "She's my best friend. I had to. And how could you not worry about Lex? You knew she was like this and you just sat around?"---"I was basically forced to live with the depressed bitch. Joan introduced me to her, and I needed a place to stay and she didn't charge me rent. She wasn't home half the time anyway!" I shook my head. “You called my best friend a depressed bitch when she took you in when you didn’t have a place to stay and you live there for free? That’s cold hearted Jessica.” I turned my back and strolled away but I was pulled back. "I’m sorry Alex. Don't shake your head like that please. I’m just shaken up. You had me worried and everything is being piled up." She put her hands on my neck and kissed me. It felt wrong, but I didn't know what to say to her. What would I say? Oh hey Jessica, sorry. I'm desperately in love with your roommate and I used you to get my mind off of her but it didn't work. It’s over. Nope.

That wouldn't end well.